Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

finally made the move over to fw 5.1 on my Unity. is the battery current max total, Same thing with the motors is it total or should i treat the Unity as two vesc?

1 Like

I drilled some 12mm holes with no fuss. Just go slow, use gloves if you can and youā€™ll feel when the fibreglass starts to pop chunks instead of drilling nicely. I used a universal drill bit. Cheapest possible with sharp edges.
Also, drilling a small hole first straight in the middle will help center big holes

1 Like

yupā€¦

1 Like

thxā€¦about to do a test ride. first time using the vesc tool to configure the Unity. gotta read up on all the different setting. before the unity ui took care of all this for me.

1 Like

Believe me I know itā€¦ I ran into the snag of using VESC Tool for Unity when I installed HFI the first timeā€¦ The Unity tools were so easy and intuitive to useā€¦ study up on VESC again as it has itā€™s own idiosyncrasies to learn and overcomeā€¦ If ya think the Vesc Tool Decktop is a jumble, wait till you try and make some setting changes on the fly, while out riding on the Appā€¦

Iā€™ll get the hang of it sometime I guessā€¦

good luck buddy!

3 Likes

i switched it either way? Doesnā€™t amps stack on Series not parallel?

Let me phrase it that way. What is the highest capacity cell with which i can build a 10s2p pack that has 24A continuous ( although i probably donā€™t even need that much )

should be in the range of 18650 - 20700 ish

While this sacred thread is still open:
I know absolutely nothing about bushings and I donā€™t want to ping Riptide sports again, but I got bushing recommendations and realized Iā€™m not exactly sure what they mean- ā€œfor the front KranK 84a Canon / FatCone and the back KranK 84a Canon / Chubby.ā€
Is this supposed to be a split setup? Or do I choose either canons or fatcones and chubbs, since all bushings come only in pairs?

I canā€™t say I look fwd to making changes on the fly :grimacing: Iā€™ve already connected via the app and I see what you mean.

1 Like

no, amps stack on parallel. Molicell p42a or SANYO 20700B is your answer. 50E is really only 4900mah, and @ 24A in 2P, itā€™d be more like 4500, but youā€™re operating outside the specs of the cell.

3 Likes

Eehā€¦
Steps in order for adjusting a value for both sides:
Scan, connect, select the right tab, the right menus, edit value, close keyboard (because āœ“ doesnā€™t do shit), write config, select start tab, scan canbus, activate, go back to last tab, edit value, close keyboard, write config.
Easy, no?

2 Likes

The other motor was set up the same way and didnā€™t have any problĆØme :confused:

How long usually batteries in the mini remote last on average? I know depends on battery and maybe a few other conditions, but rough ballpark. Or do you guys take it out every now and again and measure voltage ?

Thx thx

Using it every single day, a regular pair of alkaline AA can last over 4 months or more.

Using it once every other weekend, they will probably never need replacing.

Forgetting to turn it off will knock them down a lot though.

5 Likes

Damnn this is great news. Thank you my good sir. Stay off the streets :eyes:

1 Like

whoa, oooo.k

2 Likes

chaned my raptor 2 cut off to 70c to 120c with a 40% curve and it shill throtles so much after about 3km

hear u can add a custom cut off im u load in in as a xml file, but i dont know how

I didnā€™t see it answered but yeah, it sounds like you need a mixed set. Iā€™ve seen riptide say to put what you need in the notes when ordering split.

1 Like

One of my motor pulleys got stuck on the shaft. I am planning on using torch to heat the shaft upā€¦ Is it a viable option or I would screw the motor internals that way?

Thanks

You need this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I14RY6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

before you screw anything up, Iā€™d try that FIRST.

I wish Iā€™d bought that thing 3 years ago. So much heartache would have been avoided.

Pop that plunger off the center piece (by driving it in reverse) so it fits inside an 8mm bore and youā€™re golden.

4 Likes

I have had luck with heating the motor pulley to just over 300Ā°F with a heat gun and an infrared thermometer. But ā€“ itā€™s a huge hassle, and getting the magnets too hot can demagnetize them, I wouldnā€™t use a torch, and itā€™s hard to hold and work with a pulley thatā€™s 300Ā°F

That thing linked above is the beeā€™s knees