Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I wish I’d learned from you. sadly I learned from experience.

2 Likes

Random question: what would happen if I plugged my battery while using it?
Context: SLA batteries in ebike
Solar panel contraption/solar controller regulatorl

Nothing really. The voltage will increase a little due to the incoming power, but as long as you don’t exceed the vesc’s maximum tolerance you should be fine.

4 Likes

Lol…

It will charge.

You never specified what you were using your SLA batteries for, and this is an electric skateboard forum where we primarily use vescs…

Not too much of a logical leap.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I will swap the battery connector on the Unity out for an XT90. Is this a situation where i am better off using an XT90S?

what are the highest capacity cells with a 24A continuous rating in a 2p configuration?

What’s the best thread, or YT tutorial, for setting up dual focboxs ?

I only ever did it once, three years ago, and have forgotten pretty much all the details. I use standard FW and PC BLDC tool.

Cheers

1 Like

The QB26800 :wink:

But actually, the molicell has the best capacity without going 50e. You don’t have to use the extra available current, but it will probably still help by reducing sag.
There are 26650 cells with more cap and not as much discharge.

Maybe also the SANYO 20700B.

1 Like

Yall have any tips for drilling through a fiberglass enclosure for phase wires, sensors, and loopkey panel mount?
Drill bit choice? Techniques? Other advice?
As my board nears arrival I fear screwing this part up greatly. Eboosted century 40 if that matters.

I think I just fried one of my motors but I have no idea how, I set up everything correctly in vesc tool but one of my motors went very hot and smoke went ou of it, pls help
I run a focbox unity with 2 sk8 130KV Hobbyking motors, max battery amps is 72
Also I cannot write any configuration with the metr app despite the metr module connected and functionnal!
I get this when I connect :confused: 1590859699009792233924801322049|690x388

can someone tell me how to set custom thermal cut off values as my motor widings are geared for 140c cut off defualt wont go past 120

Does anyone know a good source for a waterproof cap for AS buttons?

something like this for 16mm diameter buttons?

@b264 I imagine you have looked into this

Found them

1 Like

I cannot get the pulleys to go over the keys for the life of me…help?

Filed down?

4 Likes

Any chance your motor screws were long enough to contact the windings?

1 Like

I suppose so…

man fuck dis shit