Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

yeah soldering iron aint getting it hot enough and the bolts are to stripped to turn

1 Like

ok start and end are set to 85- 120

Need to notch the socket head enough to use a flathead screwdriver. Use a torch for real heat.

1 Like

say what??

dont have a torch

got some new motors coming in soon

hopefully i can borrow some from someone until then

thanks though

Where can you get extended caliber style trucks for cheap?

1 Like

from me…
tb218

1 Like

Didn’t realize that you said they were originally Phillips. Hex that are usually there can be called socket heads over here. I was telling to cut a line across it and use a flat head screwdriver plus heat. Philkips have at least three different tips that could fit and is why we should ever use them in this application.

1 Like

is there a way to cut it off?

I think I’ld rather get new ones :slight_smile:
I’m a little princess when it comes to optics

For example, this is driving me crazy:

The ground clearance is like 2 cm BTW xD I don’t know how I will be able to ride this… And the deck is already pretty damn high

Probably depends on tool access with your motor mount. Another course of action would be drill the head off, but will be risky with the magnets.

Other option to try is to take out the others and try to move the motor back and forth to loosen the screw enough to engage it. I would use heat in this case as well.

2 Likes

wtf i cant even conneect to my slave without invalid serial port

You better find that shipping tracking number before you want to sell me anything @Halbj613 !:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Never use Phillips head on an esk8. Not in any place.

5 Likes

Did you check the Comm port?

Is this not straight enough or is it really just the wheel pulley? It looks like the motor mount would like to be 1mm more to the left, away from the wheel… Is this an issue? I have no more play as the motors already are almost touching eachother.
I just can’t get this damn pulley to be 100% perfect via the 6 screws… It always wobbles a bit which makes the belt jump up and down, producing an awful noise and inefficiency because of the vibrations

I sadly can’t use the pulleys support bearing since I don’t have e-caliber trucks which I now start to regret :confused:

Switch your hangers for @Boardnamics 184mm hangers and use press-fit pulleys.

1 Like

@b264 Currently have 184mm caliber II. What’s the difference? Which press fit pulleys can you recommend?

Also, is there any way of improving the noise at least, without buying completely new parts?
Is it just me or is it unavoidable with bolt pulleys, that they wobble with no support bearing?

naw it was just a stupid wire holding my plug out, we set up the thermals

@anubis has the boardnamics 220mm hangers here: https://nexusboards.co.uk/collections/catalogue/products/bn-220mm-precision-hanger

@EboardSolutions has the e-caliber here: https://electricboardsolutions.com/collections/trucks/products/caliber-e-truck-with-extended-axle

Both have extended axles and fit with the support bearing in the pulley, the e-calibers are the same dimensions as calibers but longer axles

1 Like

The @Boardnamics hangers have longer axles and are much higher quality.

If you have a long enough axle, the @3DServisas pulleys are really good.

3 Likes