Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

yeah will do

just i got ios
and my mum dont let on her phone so gonna find someones phone to nick and try it on

1 Like

Tried pc and doesn’t work unfortunately.
I got the trampa bluetooth and it only lights up when connected also.
Try to scan for it on your iphone, you may be able to see it (although it will timeout and disconnect instantly)

1 Like

yeah will look for it and see thanks man

So I ordered a 12s kit of NESE hardware (I plan on running 10s for now) in case I want to upgrade. I want to take some precautions right now because I’m running a FSESC 4.20 Plus. Will a TVS diode prevent it’s death? What else can I do to give it a chance with 12s?

1 Like

This is how most of my projects go. I try to get used to it. It’s still a joy to beat those problems. just need to reset expectations.

2 Likes

Yeah I know

I should never think my build will be done within the week

1 Like

do you have a raspberry pi you can use as a uart bridge?

1 Like

Nope
Had one for 3d printer but not anymore

Welcome in my world.

1 Like

Does anyone have tips on stator removal? I’m trying to open a 6354. Got the clamp off and can pull stator out most of the way but doesn’t want to budge at the end.

1 Like

Check the end of the shaft for any dings, dents, mushrooming or distortion - The fit between the shaft and the bearings is very close, so any change in diameter could cause binding.

2 Likes

Thank you! This was it. I have some grooves on the shaft that I am smoothing out with a wire brush.

1 Like

Got the stator off after buffing out the shaft. But now the stator is stuck to the back motor casing, blocking my access to the hall sensor PCB. Any tips on getting the motor casing housing off? Looks like the stator’s inner bore is wedged onto the motor housing’s inner hollow shaft.

1 Like

Quick question on charge current; I’m coming from FPV quads and 6s1p LiPo batteries. 1C charge rate on a 1300mAh pack is 1.3A. If I’m charging 4 of them in parallel, 1C is 4*1.3 = 5.2A.

Is it the same with, say P42As charging on a brick charger through a BMS? 12s4p = 4200mAh * 4 = 16.8A for 1C?

yes sir, that math checks out :ok_hand:

be aware of your bms charge rate limitations

1 Like

Sounds like it failed step 7?

3 Likes

Got a thread for it now
Sadly looks like 1 of the phases (at least) is dead and therefore gonna try rewinding the stator

Thanks for th help though

Please tell me someone has successfully repaired a similar issue before. I received defective motors from @dickyho – missing the keyspace pin that locks the stator to the motor housing shaft, resulting in broken copper windings under stress of the rotation.

I’ve straightened out the disconnected wires. Can I just put a gob of solder across this whole wire set to reattach the phase wire?

The damaged wires appears to be the ground. It doesn’t look like my ESC was damaged, as nothing appears burnt out, but I won’t know until I fix the motor, reattach it and test.

1 Like

yah those dickyho motors are dogshit. I can’t get mine to run smooth even after replacing all the bearings. Might fuck around and rewire them

If I’d known about the manufacturing defect, I could have opened them before use and prevented issue by inserting the missing pin. It’s a bummer because they were riding great (with disconnected hall sensors ) before this damage occurred.