What pins need soldering down

Thanks

Carefully.

All of them.

6 Likes
1 Like

Cursed images and video.

2 Likes

So after our conversation 2 days ago i just came back from another test ride and it seems i just didnā€™t fully commit the last time. Now i did, sagged about 7-8v and killed a belt on the way. The belt was done for anyway, he had some tears but held up for the last 250-300km or so.

Here is the log:

(obligatory @fessyfoo tag)

EDIT : i bumped the batt amps to 65 so with the 32.6 i maxed that out. Motors still had 25ish amps left until it wouldā€™ve hit the bumped value of 80Amps.

I always forget that its 50A batt per side so i effectively could pull 80Amls (10s4p 30q) but i wouldnā€™t know where or how :smiley:

I habe to say that pulling through uphills wasnā€™t pleasant. Iā€™m not used to give my vescs that much power/stress. It also was pretty jolty (caused by the 2 shunt design?)

3 Likes

As in you have like the large pin at the back
Then 2 pins going in and then like 5 pins which are flat

How you supposed to solder them all?

Either one at a time with an iron, or all at once with hot air.

Before attempting any soldering, make sure the actual pads on the PCB havenā€™t been lifted or torn off. If they have, itā€™s pretty much fucked and thereā€™s no easy way to fix it.

1 Like

Ah ok

I really am bad at soldering small connections so doubt that I will be able to do it

They came really flimsy so gonna tell makerx guy that

Micro USB is probably the worst of all the different USB plugs ever invented. Tiny and fragile, not reversible.

Type C is better in every way.

4 Likes

Yeah but probably canā€™t solder a type c either

Anything smaller then like an xt30 is to small for me

If you ever plan to do more soldering, I recommend getting a few practice kits to hone your skills, youā€™d be amazed what you can do with a good basic iron, no fancy stuff needed. Itā€™s a good skill to have for other things than esk8 too. Iā€™ve done a couple of these before, and theyā€™re certainly a challenge. Tweezers and a steady hand are definitely needed for the 0402 components on the right side.

5 Likes

Got a good iron but cant solder for the life of me

Guess Iā€™m gonna have to use a bt module to program

1 Like

What were the benefits of going higher motor pulley again? Currently on 190kv 15/72.
Going up (16,17,18t) means more top speed, less torque?

1 Like

Well, nobody is born knowing how to run. It took me quite a while to get decent at it, and even now Iā€™m not especially fast, but I can now proudly say I can solder 0402s with a regular pencil tip if Iā€™m feeling patient and donā€™t sneeze.

@xsynatic The actual sizes of the pulleys donā€™t matter, only the ratio between them. Higher ratio means lower speed and more torque. Lower ratio means the opposite.

4 Likes

Yeah I know but probably best not to start off on micro usb

Still wouldnā€™t advise using 1t to 3t pulleys though it is the same as 15t to 45t

1 Like

So coming from

4.8:1 (15/72)

to

4.5:1 (16/72) or even 4.28:1 (17/72)

means both other options yield more speed but less toraue.

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s correct.

(You can plug in all those values into the esk8 calc and itā€™ll tell you your approximate speed, too!)

2 Likes

Anyone interested in painting a 64px x 64px Llama?
This one is downscaled and looks awful, the other one I made by my self is only half the size, so too smallā€¦

Perfect. What ratio are you running?

2 Likes

1:1. (Ebike hub motor :stuck_out_tongue: )

4 Likes