Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

What make and model is that? It looks like a dirtbike LoL.z

Psst :wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s a cheap 2k ebike from china. Decent build. But I wanna get rid of the acid and speed limits (daymak sells in Canada and we are regulated at 32kmh)

Iā€™m pretty sure the speed limit causes the 500w motor to not use its full capabilities. But I wonder if going down would hinder it

Replacing the ESC with a Stormcore 100S would certainly help. Replacing the battery could be later.

2 Likes

Not putting a stormcore in thereā€¦yet

And my trusted yuyangking esc is already on its way

pinging @MysticalDork

I think he might know these answers

2 Likes

You still havenā€™t answered Brianā€™s question: Is it direct drive/hub motor or not?

Put another way: Is the motor inside the wheel or not inside the wheel?

Based on the picture, Iā€™d say yes it is a direct drive hub motor.

With that assumption, then yes, lowering the voltage will reduce your top speed. With a more powerful controller you will be able to accelerate and get up to speed faster, but your top speed will be slower that it was.

If itā€™s not a hub motor, then you can fuck with the gearing/belt/pulley/sprocket/whatever ratio to get that lost speed back.

3 Likes

If it were me, Iā€™d just match the lead acid batteryā€™s voltage using li-ion, rather than worrying about losing speed. 20S is just about perfect 72V, itā€™s what I have in my ebike. 84V full charge, ~60V empty.

Iā€™ve got a 100A Sabvoton controller and itā€™s more than enough. In fact Iā€™ve got it limited to 50A right now because the 20S7P battery I built sags too much at 100A. 50A at 72V though, is still a LOT of power. Itā€™s great :grin:.

1 Like

What is the truck mounting angle on a Landyautz Evo falcon 40? Using Kahua trucks.(50deg) Was getting bushing recommendations and this was asked. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Front or back ? And which year evo deck?

The older evo decks front is 65 back 35.
Newer evo decks Iā€™ve been told front 60
Back 40

These are the angles with 50 deg baseplates. If you want to know the difference old evos +15/-15 front/ back. New evo. +10/-10 front/ back

2 Likes

Looks like about +10 degrees in front, and -10 degrees in the back. Or might be - in front and + in back, itā€™s too late to brain about angles right now.

Uh. Not sureā€¦ itā€™s this one. Iā€™m upgrading to the Kahua trucks next so wanted to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Think this is the older evo so Iā€™d say itā€™s +15/-15 front/back.

But I will also let someone that is more confident weigh in.

1 Like

10deg looks about right. But whadda I know haha

No more than I do XD

1 Like

I thought the pic made it pretty obviousā€¦ Itā€™s a 500w hub motor. So my plans are

1500w 80a (setup at around 45a) controller
20s8p 20ah battery pack
And the original 500w hub

Is there a way I could figure out theoretical speeds and range? Would the servisas calc work?

Only if you know the KV of the motor.

3 Likes

Fuckā€¦ I donā€™t think thereā€™s a way of finding out either

Email the seller and ask?