Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Can anyone confirm that arduino colored bitmaps only work via SD card?

I use wheel spacers on my trampa truck because the provided metal ones were too long.

I also use them on my tb 218mm trucks

what material did you print them in? I’m thinking a stiff material but PLA creeps over time with constant pressure.

↑ :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks that looks awesome!
how hard do you crank down the axle nut?

Strength wise so hard that the wheel basically won’t turn.

When the wheel is normal tight its like this. It currently has a tiny bit of slack. If i want the nut further in, i just trim off the spacer

1 Like

Yah have used the same. I know with heat and pressure over time the PLA will give out eventually but it’s like a 10 minute print so honestly not worried about it, I think chances of this breaking and resulting in catastrophic failure is pretty low but I always treat intersections and traffic as though my board is about to go full throttle and thermonuclear at any moment :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They take up a lot of space

I prefer one connector to plug the battery in, typically an XT60, and everything else soldered. And use a cable tie around that battery connector to hold it from vibrating apart.

Yeah, more failure points and physically larger.

XT60 are good for up to 60A continuous (120A peak for a second or few) and imho XT90 are rarely needed. If you need one, you’ll know you need one. Because you’re designing for that. Most battery wiring can’t even exceed XT60 capabilities anyway.

1 Like

okay thanks!
just a heads up, if you crank down the nut and the wheels spins with a higher resistance as a result, that means that the spacer inside the wheel is too short and you are putting constant lateral forces on the bearings, which is not a nice way to treat your poor bearings.

now thinking about it it might not be the best idea to have printed spacers in between the bearings as they will most likely be compressed a slight amount either by the force created by the axle nut or the compression created when riding/carving. I guess you could take the compression into account when designing the spacer so that it get’s roughly in the right ballpark. :woman_shrugging:.

but using it like you have in the photo above shouldn’t be a problem unless the spacer itself dies.

1 Like

Nothing to worry about in my case. I don’t use spacers between bearings. Not on the urethane wheel nor on the Pneummies… I get what you mean tho.

1 Like

What is too loose vs too tight for belts? Do you want them to be as loose as possible without slipping ? What’s your preference?

I swore there was a full thread explaining it but can’t find it

Bro…just asked this a couple days ago and have searched and searched. I haven’t found a thread that says “X” and then confirmed by the masses.

Tight enough not to slip seems to be the consensus.

4 Likes

Thanks for the response brotha, it’s not rocket science but I’d rather just be like okay I’m not gonna mess my motor up from it being too tight lol

I set mine so that when I press on the belt, I can move it a 1/4 inch inward.

3 Likes

Is it okay to drill 5mm holes for 4mm screws?
I drilled 4mm holes and some are not that perfect fit and squeak like a raging goose when tightening, but i fear 5mm may bend the washers somehow

Also, how do bluetooth module connect on 4.xx hardware? Tx to tx or tx to rx?

Try both, every esc is different

1 Like

Figured it out. Vx1 remote likes tx-tx, trampa bluetooth likes tx-rx. No magic smoke… yet

Is that a firm press or a tap? Because that’s definitely tighter than the response from a few days ago. No way my shit is spinning five times around by one hand spin if it has that much tension. Not doubting you, just seems different than the last advice.

1 Like