Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

When trying to throttle with the remote, thereā€™s three red blinks each time

Iā€™ve read that means a defect DVR?

Do you not see the red led flashing?
Go in the terminal tab and type ā€œfaultā€(current fault code). If itā€™s empty type ā€œfaultsā€(all faults since bootup). By the sound of it something is toast

1 Like

@Athrx
Yes I do, thought it was normal though :frowning:
It seems like everything is okay, Ibe updated firmware on the 4.12 VESC to 5.1, it cant detect any values. Blown DVR?:sob: I have a second one hereā€¦ If thatā€™s dead tooā€¦ :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Type it in after you get a fault. Not fresh after you turn it on.
Aaand, no, red led means disaster strikes. Consider it the blue screen of death in windows

2 Likes

Iā€™ll run Motor R/L detection now and type it in the terminal after that

So it starts blinking red 3 times in some sort of periodā€¦ Blue and green are constantly on. I got a really weird low pitch sound for 1 sec on the motor, THEN VESC Tool said Could not measure the motor resistance and inductance

Im about to cryā€¦
Iā€™ll try the second vescā€¦ Will have to solder bullet connectors to it first

Iā€™ll open a dispute with the seller right? Nothing else left to do :frowning: ā€¦

15 days after i received the item I canā€™t open disputes :slightly_smiling_face:

Open a chat support discussion on paypal, explain to them that you only now had all the parts to test the esc and it is dead on arrival. Of course, try to reason with the seller as well

1 Like

Also, make sure itā€™s not the motor that is fucky. Youā€™ll burn many more controllers this way

2 Likes

On ali?

thats why i depending on the item donā€™t instantly confirm that i received the goods. Gives me some more time if there is any left.

1 Like

You canā€™t pay with PayPal on AliExpress :frowning: at least in most casesā€¦

If the motor product page says 55A and motor detection says 48A, which one is right? Can i modify it after, up to what the motor datasheet says?

1 Like

Yes.

Vesc tool says 66A on mine but i use them with 70-75A
datasheet says 80A

3 Likes

Again: I wouldnt have come so far without your kind help!!!

Sadly one VESC is deadā€¦ But Ill replace it. I need to wait for my 8mm motor pulley, then I can for a test ride

2 Likes

6 Inch 150mm All Terrain Mountain Board Wheels, Electric Skateboards, Utility Carts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085MYXWTM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Al-VEbE92QNFH

Any body have used these and where I can get pulleys to fit them? Thanks

Arenā€™t those Trampa/Sunmate hubs and TB tires?

edit : lol the listing is from fucking Mboards

3 Likes

those are sunmate wheels and tires looks the same as the batch sold by mboards

you can use any trampa pattern pulley or gear drive

1 Like

Idk but are these a good deal I know mboards is horrible But the tires are what drew me to them itā€™s a 6x2 And do trampa make 6inch rims?

Thanks itā€™s from amazon so at least I know I will get my order in a week lolšŸ˜ fucking mboards they still havenā€™t message me back about my esc ands itā€™s been over a weekšŸ˜”

while you can buy these wheels through the amazon marketplace, it appears that the still will be fulfilled by mboards not amazon. at least you have another layer of protection, sounds like youā€™ll need to eventually do a credit card charge back for your escā€™s

1 Like

Someone here in EU/GER replacing dead DRV chips? ^^
Its for a 4.12 FSESC

And how much better are the maytech 4.12 compared to flipsky ones?

1 Like