Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

is their a gold standard on what to do with all the connections on your diy for example zip tie the battery xt60 connecter hot glue all the rest and heat shrink the motor to vesc connections

if you only need one, there is the ÂŁ120 refurb vesc6

while it lasts

1 Like

Heatshrink connectors that are meant to be unplugged eventually, hotglue/epoxy/whatever plugs that are meant to stay, like charging plug, power button. Pg7 gland the phase wires if you can

What’s the difference between trampa vesc 6 and vesc 6+? The ones before mk generations (i know mk3 has a thing that removes the need of an antispark).

Also, anyone who ordered recently from flipsky, how much do they take to ship the package? It’s been 3 days and it’s radio silence from them.
And, how much does the cheaper delivery ($20?) Take to arrive? I’m based in the uk, but any location reasonably far from china should be a good benchmark

1 Like

Which vesc would be your first choice (no duals please) :)?

1 Like

you would think peeps who can pass their gce a-levels would be able to spell professionally to the queen’s standard

still what are the alternatives, buy a maytech 200a for more upfront? does mt honor their warranty? i guess a neo6 is considered a shipping product now but until folks report positive warranty claim experiences i’d regard it the same way.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask but here it goes: I would love to expand my knowledge on arduino while also doing something useful. I thought about making a Remote “GUI” or an 128x32 OLED display.
Where should I start off?
I know the basics (how to write to the display etc), but is there tutorials explaining how to make icons etc? Or a speed bar… This kind of stuff?

I want to figure out how this is done. I could only make it pixel by pixel, but how can you predefined something and just say put it in there and change it to bla if bla

I would be grateful for every YouTube video or web page you could Link me to!

Is u8g2 really everything I need?

oh i didn’t even realize that :smiley:

It was more the addition to your post that if somebody buys it that they have no warranty.

i definitely would go for the vesc6 instead of Flipshit

2 Likes

Will these bullet connectors attach to the phase wires of a motor?
FSESCs come without them, I hope 4mm diameter is right?

your motors should already have those

1 Like

My VESC doesn’t :frowning:
Or do you mean they have female ones too?

i used these for my fsesc

what’s the connector called used for connecting a bluetooth module

The one that plugs into that(male version)

The vesc6+ has an IMU.

2 Likes

My vx2 pro suddenly won’t connect to receiver. It worked fine earlier today, few hours later, nothing. Tried pairing, switching to uart port on second vesc, whole motor detection again. All wires to receiver seems okay, but I can not connect it no matter what I try. There is no light on receiver (I can’t remember if there even is led light). Receiver was fixed inside enclosure, so there was no rattling or anything what could short or damage receiver. Any ideas?

Well now I can complete detection but I’m getting absolute trash performance and programming individual sides gives me errors for some reason. Do the values below look right for Elofty DDs?

1 Like

Finally something I know!
You want to get JST-PH 2.0 7 pin (female)

2 Likes

thanks

1 Like

Well there is the neoBox V6.

I haven’t yet heard any concrete negative reports about them taking money and not shipping. There was a possible identity issue so be cautious because I didn’t read that entire thread.

tagging an admin in case I’m wrong @wandagoner

@torqueboards has some nice stuff being developed and as they rigorously test designs before shipping them, and have very high customer service standards, those aren’t quite available yet, but hang tight.

3 Likes