Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

What were you running it at?

this is the noob thread :wink: if you want to share your progress you can make a Build thread if you want :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

In schematics there never is a voltage rating for used capacitors. If I need a 220uF capacitor in the circuit, can I just use any 220uF capacitor? Or do they all have the same voltage?

I have 16V and 25V with 220uF :slight_smile:
And now I want to know if I can use any of them or even need another one etc

1 Like

Which ESC was this?

3 Likes

Maker X i believe

3 Likes

I don’t know how belts can be tighter depending on the orientation??

I received my 10 new belts and mounted 1. The belt was way tighter than my previous one, so i rotated it 180 degrees and now it similar to my old belt?

so from this :

to this:

3 Likes

Man, you have more problems with belts than…

…everyone else, all combined

7 Likes

I have no idea what could cause that. :confused:

5 Likes

I feel like next you’re going to tell us that somehow your belts are leaking large amounts of orange juice, and you can’t keep small bugs off them.

Or something else that sounds literally impossible. :crazy_face:

The deodorant thing still has me confused :confused:

3 Likes

lets wait and see what happens :smiley:

The deodorand thing has been largely solved by changing motor pulley. Its been weeks since i carried the deodorant with me. They still make other sounds while braking or accelerating compared to the normal sound but not that whiney sound i had.

2 Likes

What motor pulley was it?

They were the 15T pulleys from Dexter.

Now i have some from from Michael (MoB) on there.

Detection. Literally detection wizard

1 Like

Bro listen to us when we say flipsky is garbage, it’s garbage. Scheisse, merde, stront, lort, hovno, Azar, skit, cac, Merda…

2 Likes

If you use capacitors over their rated voltage they go poof. Some go BOOM and plant themselves in the plaster ceiling too.
If circuit is for up to 60v, you use a 63v one to be sure. Don’t go crazy high like 400v either

2 Likes

some people have no problems with it

Its not worth the dice roll on QC, trust me I have 2 or 3 of the VESCs, 2 DOA. 2 of their remotes, 1 DOA. Its not worth the $30-60 you save when you have to buy it 2 or 3 times.

3 Likes

Glad i went with TB and got Golden samples. ^^

2 Likes

@b264 perfect fit
!

2 Likes

What is out there right now that isn’t garbage but also isn’t a $500 trampa VESC?

1 Like