Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Plug it in, DO NOT TOUCH THE WIRES TOGETHER,
(well, first, use a voltmeter to measure a battery you know the polarity of (in case you have the measuring wires swapped) positive voltage with red wire on + means it’s the right way around)
Measure wires with voltmeter either way. -50.4v will mean you have + on the negative terminal of the charger. 50.4v will mean your red measuring wire is on the + of the charger. Label that and follow the same arrangement all the way to the battery cables.
Do note that it is common to route + on the interior of the dc jack

1 Like

You don’t need a bearing spacer.

also, don’t buy the rockstar pros

don’t take my word but middle should be +

1 Like

what are some good motor brands?

So white wire

yeah but don’t just connect it. It could be a different type of charger

1 Like

Okay! It’s a @torqueboards 12s 2a charger

you’ll need a voltmeter to know for sure

4 Likes

can you send a picture of the back

Got it, I will test now

make sure the + and - are well isolated when soldering the connector, don’t forget the shrink, and make sure one solder joint is covered before you do the other

2 Likes

You got it !

1 Like

should be 8mm thick

Hello, 2 part question please (with full understanding that the pandemic is ongoing and we want friends to be safe):

1. Does anyone know if Subsonic Skateboards is doing business right now, no reply for ~3 weeks from info@subsonicskateboards.com & custom@subsonicskateboards.com.
  1. When is Surf-Rodz shipping (ordered 3 weeks ago, no tracking yet)?

Thank you.

2 Likes

:arrow_up: paging @Bradley

2 Likes

Oh is that bradley@nw-dist.com? If so I emailed them about a week-ish ago, no reply yet.

1 Like

call him he loves to talk about skateboards 206-446-9422

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Was almost done with my build for the twelfth time and ran into trouble. While putting the enclosure on I twisted the sensor wires around. I have an extension I made that came undone. What is the best way to get JST-PH male connectors on there and have them actually stay?

8mm bearings. 6001 bearing number.

1 Like