Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Could you lead me to a source explaining why? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@b264 is your source, also don’t ride with canbus, it has to do with the design of V4 hardware as @Halbj613 mentioned.

2 Likes

@torqueboards

Hey Dexter can you provide the specifications of the screws you provide to attach the crossbar to the mounts? I need to buy more, but several mm longer :thinking::man_shrugging:t2:

Dees one:

Can you use two receivers with the standard mini remote? :slight_smile: or would you recommend using one receiver and splitting the signal, I heard you want to connect only one 5V and GND pin?

2 Likes

you can do either

again @b264 would recommend 2 recievers

just plug both bind plugs in and bind at the same time to 1 remote

2 Likes

Should be m5x5mm. I believe.

4 Likes

Thanks bb

2 Likes

Can someone link me a 2.4GHz receiver compatible with the mini remote?
As far as I know, you can pair it with two receivers, right?

1 Like

Is there a way to load test the board connected to the vesc computer app? I want to see what heats up first and under what settings before i close it up and never touch it again

doSE anyone KnOw hoW TO REMOVE a STriPPed philips head screw?

4 Likes

Throw everything away that is attached to the screw and buy it new with hex.

6 Likes
1 Like

Shit is that really alll you can do :joy:

This is more expensive than my remote including the receiver xD
I was looking for some AliExpress or ebay link so that the receiver is affordable :slight_smile:

Edit: even on AliExpress this thing is expensive
The whole remote including the receiver is like 15 euro and the receiver alone is 12 euro
#Aliexpress € 11,81 10%OFF | receiver only for 2.4Ghz mini remote controller free shipping by post

what happens at voltage cutoff End?

I don’t recommend CANBUS in general, but if you do use it, it doesn’t matter if it’s V4 or V6 hardware.

2 Likes

You definitely can use 2 receivers. There is a guide :slight_smile:

How to bind the Mini Remote [Serious]

2 Likes

Throttle stops, but brakes continue.

Throttle ramps down from 100% of your motor settings at “cutoff start” to 0% of your motor settings at “cutoff end” but the brakes continue to work always at full power as long as the battery has enough power to keep the MCU booted. And in fact the brakes will slightly recharge the battery so it can run the MCU even longer.

2 Likes

@MysticalDork has a really good method on this that i bookmarked

4 Likes

cool thx. I heard something hit my deck after climbing a hill and my board powered off. it turn back on with no problems no visual damage but i was pretty close to cutoff end just wanted be sure that cutoff end does not mean power down which i knew already but it was one of those “what da hell…I wonder” moments.