Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Sorry mate, but you canā€™t know what youā€™re betting on thereā€¦ The description says nothing. Also the pictures donā€™t look that astonishing nicely said. Itā€™s a bit of the gamble, you donā€™t need what is defect and even donā€™t know anything about parts used

924251910e84017cb549606ce04a73f36f58891e_2_460x1000~2

1 Like

Not at all. I have one of these for my kid in a street version and itā€™s sad. Heavy ass sla battery, weak controller, no upgrade option. Itā€™s OK for a kids board at best.

1 Like

Yes but I thought the pulley is screwed on to the wheel which has two bearingsā€¦ I still donā€™t get it sorry for being that dumb xD

alrigh, pass then, thanks

1 Like

So that I donā€™t have to make you mad :)?

It just adds more support for the whole system not having a big gap around the axle.

No video tutorials I can think of for random ebay kits. Best bet would be finding a build thread that used it and read through there. Good luck!

1 Like

ā†‘ this

@Niklas
Itā€™s support bearing. I have the pressfit version but itā€™s the same principle

dicky had an image somewhere showing it.

2 Likes

Press-fit pulleys have a bearing that supports in line with the pull of the belt, so that the wheel core doesnā€™t have to support all that leverage load from a bolted on pulley. Itā€™s more sturdy and supports the forces in line instead of cantilevering the pulley.

1 Like

@Niklas

https://electric-skateboard.builders/t/dickyho-5m-36t-40t-flywheel-pulleys-on-ebay/49760/197

Thanks! So Iā€™ll use the bearing!
Iā€™m still worried about the motor pulleyā€¦
Would be good to know if the screws are included for mounting the motor pulley to the shaft

Yeah i phrased it weird.

All other screws needed for the kit are included. The motor pulley uses grub screws. I canā€™t imagine that dicky doesnā€™t include them. So 95% you are good to go

edit : Obi has grub screws, in case you need spare ones.

2 Likes

Alright!
Iā€™ll just hope that they are :slight_smile:

If Obi, Bauhaus etc have them, itā€™ll be fine anyway. Bauhaus is 100m from my house :slight_smile:
Didnā€™t know regular stores have these things in the screw section

Wanted to ask him over ebay butā€¦
Yeah :confused:

@dickyho ā†‘ā†‘

Iā€™ve seen it in Obi the first time a few weeks ago. Well i should add it depends on the obi. I have 2 in my city, a small and a big one. The big one has grub screws, standoffs etc. The small one doesnā€™t. If yours doesnā€™t have them lmk and i check mine

1 Like

I suggest you get a 10mm wide bearing since the pulley has a 3mm inner lip, if not you will need to add speedrings in order to be able to tighten down everything, you can skip the support bearing if using a 10mm wide 608 bearing but you need to use the bolts

2 Likes

I bought these bearings.
Can I just use these?
So put one on the wheel and one to the wheel pulley which will share it with the wheel?
Iā€™m so confused :frowning:
I feel ashamed for not getting it xD

Thanks!
Iā€™ll see if theyā€™re included and otherwise search all local stores, then get back to you!

1 Like

the ones you got a standard 7mm (iirc) bearings. For the kit you need 10 or 14mm thick bearings to reach over. That way the pulley and wheel can share the same bearing. Iā€™m not sure if dicky changed the way the pulleys get mounted.
For my pulleys i need 3 bearings, for the listed one, 1 standard and 1 wide.

Give dicky a bit time answer.

i still think you need 3 like i have

1 Like

So one or two of mine like normal patchwork with the second/third one coming in the kit inserted into the wheel pulley.
Alright! Got it!
Thanks for your patience!