Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

That’s what she said.

1 Like

How would you find the horse power output value from your board? If you go off of the 750 watt = 1 HP, would you take the maximum rated watts of the motor or the battery? Or is it more dependent on the culmination of Nm torque, wheel rpm, etc.
I would mostly like to know so when I get asked I can say, “Oh gee golly it makin ‘6’ horsepower at da wheels ay”
when they inevitably ask how powerful/fast it is.
I’ve got nothing better to do.

1 Like

It’s the battery maximum output, or the ESC’s maximum output, whichever is lower. Doesn’t matter if you have a 1MW motor if you only have a battery that can put out 100w.

2 Likes

they’re strangers at a stoplight, you can just make it up

even if you had telemetry and knew exactly how much power your esc’s or motors pulled at their peak, one would debate how long you have to sustain that power output for it to count. so why bother, just tell them your board power is measured in unicorns not horsepower

1 Like

And how many unicorns per meter does your board put down?

2 Likes

Are the sensor plugs the JST-PH connectors? If so I have extras 6 pin ones. If you’re in socal and need to pick up a few I’ll give you some

1 Like

don’t talk to strangers lad…
unless they’re chix… then the stranger the betterer

2 Likes

i tell strangers that my board power is measured in lines of blow

not sure @Rob can pull that off with a straight face

3 Likes

On the FSESC 4.12 is there a ground in the comm port? Does “ - “ mean ground?

I have my Arduino Nano all ready to go and run the Davega OS code but need a ground before I run it off eskate power rather than micro usb power.

1 Like

“-” is ground yes

4 Likes

Hell yes. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m about to cut my psychotiller abs enclosure for the loop key slot. I’m planning on using a knife tip soldering iron. Is this a bad idea?

My exacto knife method is not working so hot…

Just Don’t inhale.

2 Likes

If I knew what that referred to, then maybe
It’s either a drug joke, or a dick suck joke.
^ I’m leaning towards #1

Somewhere between 0 and 0
obviously I can’t tell because I don’t have a Metr module that would tell me that. Duh. Simple stuhpid

1 Like

Thoughts on the unity as of April 2020. If able to find one, still a good hardware option for thane builds with vesc5 support coming?
Took a chance and got one recently I haven’t set up yet. Have one other build needing a brain

My trucks just arrived looking anything but new. Anyway. There are no **** screws included to mount the trucks to the board. What screws do I need for the trucks and can I get them at a local hardware shop?

Just for fun, here are some pics:

Are these OK?

Anybody around with connections to dhl?

1 Like

on my carvons both motors detect and work fine with foc however 1 motor has a resistance of around 35ohms (that seems ok)
the other has a resistance of around 95ohms
is the second motors resistance way to high or should it just be fine

when i turn it by hand it is slightly stiffer then the other motor but it still is easy to turn