Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

i thought about going this route

Dam, looks like I’ve just added £500 to my build :sweat_smile::call_me_hand:t2:

5 Likes

Go with V6 so you have room to play with, and either grab a pair of neoBOX 6 or wait for TB’s upcoming singles.

4 Likes

That should be marginally acceptable for low to medium currents, but if you want to push more than maybe two amps, you’re gonna want something more robust - lots of point contact there, which will lead to rapid heating.

Alright. I don’t want to push them, maybe 1-2 amps max. My liitokala took 5 hours to charge it from 3.4 to 3.6v, usually its way faster

If you’ve got a multimeter, a much quicker simpler test is to measure the current flowing from the charger to the cell and compare it with the charger’s rating.

1 Like

i do but only this little bugger.

Charger outputs 4.8v

Does anyone know of a site or someone that sells hall sensor extension wires? My sensor wires are like 2 inches too short.

Ahh, well that’s a problem: That meter doesn’t measure current.

3 Likes

Which type of plug? JST-PH? I can make you some for free, I’m in OC

You can get premade JST cables in most configurations and sizes on Amazon, or you can buy precrimped wires and empty housings from Mouser or DigiKey and assemble them yourself.

2 Likes

Yes, but… a set of 22 allen keys comes tomorrow from amazon prime for £6, at worst i can use them to find out the right size, at best i will use the right one in the set to screw in the grub screws with threadlock and forget about them.
All my china orders are yet to arrive, some ordered over a month ago with “fast” shipping too.
I just want to get out on the road already :confused:

:grimacing: I’ve known the pain of cheap allen keys. Treat them like they’re made of cheese instead of steel, they’ll last longer that way.

2 Likes

Yeah the 6 pin JSTs on the Flipsky ESC 4.20, but dude you did so much for me with that battery already I’d feel bad lmao

:ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Oh its you lol, no worries it only takes a couple minutes

Modelo again or maybe Pacifico or something else this time? I’ll text you

1 Like

Wait I just realized that these connectors don’t need soldering, I have some sensor wire adapters laying around, gonna play with these things and see if I can get a JST connector on myself. Mind if I hit you up if it doesn’t go right?

Yeah for sure, I got hundreds of connector bits, just lemme know!

2 Likes

I’m wondering why no one is just putting their bms outside of their enclosure if they don’t use it for discharge. You can save space and just connect balance leads from the battery to the bms and charger to charge it right?

1 Like