Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I need single focbox latest ver if anyone have it, donā€™t want to make a thread just for this :grin:, not in hurry tho.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a misinformation. I have Trampa superstars and they can fit 6, 7 and 8 inch tires( currently have them on 125mm gummies). They are for larger axles but mine had spacers you put between the axle and bearing to make it fit to 8mm axles :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a difference between Caliber I and Caliber II hangars?

Gonna get some 150mm trucks and the reject BKB mounts

Are motor pulleys supposed to slide on relatively easy or do they need to be hammered on? I have some Maytech 6374 190kv motors and 18t Dickyho pulleys but they do not go on very easily at all. Also when I put in a motor key they donā€™t seem to be straight.
What am I doing wrong?

As long as you donā€™t connect the batteries in parallel while they are at mismatched voltages, you should be okay

They should be a slip or light push fit. Iā€™d check the motor shafts and the pulley bores for burrs or high spots, and maybe take a little bit of fine emery cloth and polish both sides, then try again.

1 Like

So the BMS does turn off when the switch is connected. I have tried reversing the polarity of the switch but that was the same problem

Try a different switch? Or check the continuity of your existing switch, make sure itā€™s actually switching?

Hey so Iā€™m switching my gearing from 16/36 to 18/40 and trying to anticipate what belt size change I will need to make. Currently running 275mm with the 16/36, how much larger you think Iā€™ll need to go 18/40??

Plug all your info in here. https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

1 Like

perfect thanks!

So do I my friend. So do I. One committed bench suicide with no help from me.

1 Like

Iā€™m really confused about what charger I need to get to work with Diebiemsā€¦ a lot of of posts saying you need a charger that will charge 3v higher than pack, others saying that pack voltage is ok.

Can anyone clarify?

Noob question slightly unrelated. I have a step down Iā€™m going to plug to my battery to control a bunch of lights. In words, wiring will be:
BATTERY>STEPDOWN>RACING SWITCH>LIGHTS
Is there a way of knowing how much the converter consumes when not in use (switch on the off position)
I know it would be on all the time and Iā€™d add a loopkey in front of it for at home but id like to leave it when I ride and just flick the switch to turn the lights on

From what I read on his github

Charging mode

When the CHARGE+ input is brought >3V above the PACK+ terminal the BMS is booting into charge mode, the microcontroller will check the cell voltages and if desired enable the switch to allow current to flow from CHARGE+ to PACK+. In this mode the microcontroller knows the presence of the charge. If the charger is removed the microcontroller will keep the BMS on for a configurable amount of time to display a status message (show for example the charged amount) followed by powering down

Is it just me or does anyone else have no idea what any of that meansā€¦

3 Likes

Got a link to the github?

from what I understand, you need the charge to be 3v higher than battery at time of plugging in to start its charging mode. So as long as you dont try to charge it when itā€™s only missing 3v youā€™ll be fine with pack voltage charger

Hereā€™s his github:

1 Like

Thanks. Still seems really odd to me that if Iā€™ve got a 42v pack that I canā€™t charge unless Iā€™m under 39v.

A lot of the brick chargers with aluminum cases have adjustable output voltages. You can get a 42v charger and tweak it up to 45v.