Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Fuck pushing haha, where did you get that?

1 Like

if im not mistaken surf rodz sells their hangars with the option to engrave,

but i bought these beauties from @skunk, and i never regret that even once :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Is a 10S2P battery with 4400mAh okay for just testing if everything works on the table? So when I get my parts, I can see if the VESC, motor etc all work together before purchasing the real deal battery?

I really donā€™t need full throttleā€¦ Just wanna check if the motors spin

Does anyone happen to know how to mount the DAVEGA? Seems like theyā€™re mounted on the deck with the old school new school pair of wholes for screws.
So I buy 2 screws for the unused new school / old school, and then mount it by putting it under the bolts head of the screws for the trucks, and two independent screws into holes where my truck is not screwed?
So something like this:

But it doesnā€™t really match the space of the two holes on the pictureā€¦ So where the heck is this supposed to be mounted:

You could buy the TB escs Iā€™m selling :upside_down_face:

I"m guessing those are not exactly budget :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are; just a bit overpriced I suppose :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™ll lower the price in a bitā€¦

Anybody see anything wrong here?

1 Like

Lotta voltage sag but doesnā€™t seem unreasonable.

1 Like

Donā€™t get that shit!
@janpom is the original maker of the software and flipsky stole it from him and never paid a cent towards his work. If you want something real, buy a daveha straight from Jan, sure more expensive but not the same level at all. Donā€™t buy a fake davega, thatā€™s like a super low ball move. get a Metr instead if 100 euro for a real davega is not within ur budget and you want telementary

7 Likes

DaveGa is the way to go for sure.

3 Likes

To be fair, they didnā€™t steal it. Itā€™s open source. And they also paid some roaylties on the first month. I agree with everything else that you said though. Would definitely recommend Metr over the Flipsky ā€œmodule based on davegaā€. Flipsky really cheaped out on the design. The display they use is crap and the housing is big and ugly.

6 Likes

Hey great to see you here @janpom

How is this mounted?..

1 Like

Sadly, he doesnā€™t sell the OS version anymore, but I know that itā€™s not easy selling OS stuff when you got competing companies like FlipSky who can produce a lot cheaper and fasterā€¦
I really would like to thank @janpom for his great product but I really canā€™t spend 90 dollar on a display if my whole esk8 is 500 dollar ^^
And building the old OS version yourself is expensive and doesnā€™t come with an enclosure.

I canā€™t find anything with ā€œMetr DAVEGAā€

1 Like

You have to drill 4 new holes to your deck. It doesnā€™t match the trucks bolt pattern.

Itā€™s not. You need:

• Arduino Nano ($3 shipped from AliExpress)
  • 2.0" TFT display ($5 shipped from AliExpress)
  • some buttons (close to nothing)

If you look for ā€œdavegaā€ on thingiverse youā€™ll find some housings designed by the community. Modifying them for use with Nano shouldnā€™t be that hard, though it of course takes time.

Thereā€™s no such thing. https://metr.at/shop

3 Likes

@janpom yeah but I want glue a breadboard to my Longboardā€¦ Itā€™s so much easier to just buy a pre-built one, maybe Iā€™ll just upgrade the display on the flipsky one.

Sadly not everyone has access to 3d printers. So Iā€™m stuck there as wellā€¦

I donā€™t have a 3D printer either. You have to become friends with people who have one. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha yeah, tough times for that Iā€™ll admit :slight_smile:

I assume you donā€™t have any kit left for an OS DAVEGA / donā€™t build them never again?

I donā€™t and no immediate plans on selling them again, sorry. Itā€™s time consuming, especially customer support wise. I donā€™t have the time to do support for both OS DAVEGA and DAVEGA X. And I donā€™t want to be like other vendors who make a sale and they are done.

7 Likes