Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I wouldnā€™tā€¦
Just take it off with a soldering iron.
Dremels are not exactly the most precise tools.

2 Likes

Pliers and your soldering iron will do the job

4 Likes

Is their a huge difference between a 170kv and 190kv 6374 motor

1 Like

One spins faster than the other?

2 Likes

It doesnā€™t sound like much, but it was enough for me to have to swap motor pulleys to get back some launch when I went 170 to 190.

2 Likes

Is it possible to run different sized(and different kv) motors and gear drives on a single mtb or do i need everything the same ?
To further explain, i want to upgrade to 4wd, i currently have the trampa motors(6378, 160kv) and gear drive(1:5,8) and vesc6, i want to add etoxx maxi(1:6,25) and aps 6384, 170kv and vesc6
And would i run the 4 vescs via can or split the remote signal, or two receivers ?

1 Like

I mean, thereā€™s nothing stopping you technically, afaikā€¦ But youā€™ll get a torque difference between the two kvā€™s that could mess with your ride.

2 Likes

That should be okay as the new drivetrain will be on the front side, only thing im worried about is if tires will be at different speeds, or trying to

Vesc is torque based not speed based, so different KV is okay. But keep in mind back voltage. If the 190 accelerates the board past the top speed of 170, braking could send over voltage back to the ESC, since the 170 is going faster than max RPM. But if youā€™re running 10s its probably fine

Why is my motor reading such a high resistance? My motor wires are soldered to the vesc, no bullet connectors if that makes a difference.

Running 12s, so dont max out the max speed on the lower kv :white_check_mark:

Welcome, is the soldering job good ?, pictures perhaps ?

1 Like

@BigBen have you ever considered making a 4WD Hummie enclosure? Basically, make it have a wire outlet channel on both ends. I presume the demand probably isnā€™t large enough and Iā€™ll have to buy two and DIY it down the middle. I quite enjoy your enclosure for that deck.

3 Likes

may all your dream come true my friend

1 Like

Ha, finished it a couple of days ago.

3 Likes

Hahaha. Niiiicee. Iā€™ve definitely been thinking about this for ~8 months now

Iā€™ll still have to CF it because I like taking my deck off curbsā€¦ But thatā€™s going to be a perfect long range cruiser setup

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œBindings_McGee, post:12493, topic:126ā€]
ā€™ve definitely been thinking about this for ~8 months now
[/quote]Me too. Finally got the time.

2 Likes

So I just resoldered one sketchy links and got the reading down to 137, is this a good level?

Itā€™s a judgement call - If both lipo packs are the same age and from the same manufacturer, with the same cells inside (just a different number of them), then youā€™re totally fine. But if any of those arenā€™t the case, then the actual capacity and characteristics of the different cells might not match, and that could result in a Very Bad Thing.

For example, I absolutely wouldnā€™t do a Zippy 15Ah 3s in series with a Turnigy 15Ah 5s.

1 Like

Im not sure maybe @b264 could cast some light on it