Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

i would remove the plastic ( via dremel ) so that you could work on removing one soldered joint at a time.

1 Like

No need, once they get hot the bullet can spin loose, you cab heat one side then rotate it out of contact

3 Likes

Do this… I make shit harder than it has to be. i have quarantine brain.

7 Likes

nice could I heat up the bullet from the outside/inside the housing? That should work right?

Yeah, but to get enough thermal transfer it would require some solder, you’ll loose the connector

1 Like

cool yea I dont care about the XT90. Just the $150 controller :upside_down_face: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Does using 2 loopkeys make it twice as safe? (Battery connection lead is too short so I’m using a series connector and a fused key to bridge the gap :yum:

It’s science day!

I thought it was standard practice to have the loop key on the + wire?

1 Like

Ehh, I didn’t make these, came with the board

The esc enclosure and battery box had Velcro on the bottom and the loop key was on the negative and I haven’t gotten around to fixing it…I just wanna ride :sob:

1 Like

Pretty sure the loopkey goes on the negative no?

I got a loopkey form @PixelatedPolyeurthan today and it was on the negative (thanks for that)

3 Likes

I thought it doesnt matter🤔.

3 Likes

Can anyone help I’m trying to connect through bluetooth with my vesc on win 10. I can connect on the mobile device but it doesnt show up in win 10 with the desktop tool

Is it supposed to be crazy hard to get this thing off? I removed the housing because the bullet wouldnt heat up enough, but now I can directly hold my iron in front of the joint forever and it still wont come off! It’s crazy, the heatsink of the VESC is heating up like crazy but the bullet wont come off, is there a risk of getting the internals of the VESC too heated up?? I feel like I’m gonna fry this thing trying to get this off!

What wattage is the iron? Are you using more flux or solder on the joint?

It’s a 60W iron, I also have a PACE HW100. I’m actually not using any flux or solder, just holding the iron up against the bullet right next the joint in hopes of heating it up to where it’’ come loose

You need some solder otherwise the iron will not conduct the heat

1 Like

oh ok, lol sometimes im dumb
:disappointed_relieved:

Lol no worries, soldering takes getting used to

1 Like

It’s an interrupt, so doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

is it safe to carefully shave down these gnubs with a dremel?

2 Likes