Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Idk how the fuck this one doesn’t have a keyway… uhhhhh.

2 Likes

Welp I guess this is my lesson don’t assemble a drive when the power goes out… thanks @BluPenguin

1 Like

lmao :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Good thing it was AWD so didn’t really notice anything …

Had the same issue on one of mine. Did the same thing you have done for a while till I squeezed the two pieces closer together. Table vise would work flawlessly. I had to suffice with carpenter clamps. Worked fine. Only issue was the clamps are plastic so I was affraid they’d break with too much pressure.

1 Like

I’m planning on going on a trip for Easter and I would like to upgrade my BMS to a smart Bluetooth version because I am always worrying about the cells in my Lipos. Do you guys have any recommendations on a BMS and a supplier so I can get it before I leave Friday night? I wouldn’t mind buying one off someone on here if they can throw in an bubble envelope and priority mail it to me by Friday.

1 Like

Assuming the location in your profile is correct, please stay home and don’t take trips right now…

“…people should only leave their homes for life-sustaining reasons, such as buying food, groceries, and pharmaceuticals…”

Edit: you’re not likely to get a BMS that soon regardless but I recommend bestech.

1 Like

Well we were planning on going to our cabin where there is nobody in like a couple mile radius to get away from everything. I thought I would use the opportunity to get some miles in on the trails up there.

Is it safe to mix lipo’s? Like if I had 2x 5s 15000mAh lipos and a 3s 15000mAh lipo all connected in series would this be ok? @moestooge @Arzamenable maybe?

only if they have same discharge rating and similar lifecycle

1 Like

Can confirm it works. However it was a too tight fit at first so I removed some excess manufacturing material on the tire. At first I tried using tubes from Trampa Urban Treads but ended up getting all 150mm tubes from Evolve since they are slightly smaller and fits perfectly. Inflated to 50psi:

6 Likes

I get different readings on two of my phase wires than all the rest.
That side motors brakes a bit once it is plugged in.
What can be broken?
What can I further check?
Don’t feel like trying motor detection just yet.

thats great info, thanks!

cant wait to get my hands on them, they look pretty dope.

how long do you ride these tires, any problems so far ? and out of curiousity what gearing do you use ?

1 Like

Have not ridden them yet, still waiting on some bits and pieces to get the ChooChoo rolling. 62T wheel and 16T motor, 170kv, 10S.

2 Likes

i see, ill be trying 13t or 14t to 44t on 170kv / 12s…

poor belts but thats what i have available :see_no_evil:

Got it, makes a lot of sense now :+1:t3:

It looks like these things shorted because of the over flow of slightly conductive paste. Is this fixable?

This is my first post, i hope im not doing anything wrong and this is the right place to ask.
I want to build my self a budget and i mean really budget electric longboard. Im willing to pay around 500€ (i live in germany). I want a belt driven one because the cheap hub solutions have awful wheels that you cant replace. So i went online, and please forgive me, searched up parts from aliexpress. I found a kit that seems fair. I know your eyes will bleed but please keep in my mind im on a tight budget and cant spend 100 Bucks only for a VESC, even if it is awesome.

I cant insert links… jus google this and click the first link:
Maytech electric longboard motor 5065 170kv and kit eletrico remote and SuperEsc based on vesc and pulley with mount and truck

A quick yes or no about the kit would be awesome. Please be specific what parts frighten you etc. But i really hope this kit will do “ok”, i dont really have that high expectations for my budget. I got 200-300€ left and with that i want to buy a battery. Since the battery prices here in Germany are ridiculous, and in the end the batteries still are made in china, i think ill just order them from aliexpress too. I need 36V/10S and i think 3p should do just fine with about 10Ah capacity.

Here is my big question:
The Motor is 1850W with 36V and 50A Max. The VESC supports 50A Max. too. But now for the Battery, this one for example is listed as 15A max. Cont. Is that per cell so that in the end i get 45A or for the whole battery pack?

It would be awesome to get some links to good budget batteries up to 300€ with 36v, Built in BMS and 50A max. discharge. A charger would also be needed.

heres what to google to get the link (first one again):
laudation 36V 10ah electric bicycle battery 18650 battery pack 10S3P 500W High Power and Capacity Motorcycle Scooter With BMS

For the VESC, where do i get an on off switch or do i just use a XT60 spark loop thing? Nad wehere to get a compatible battery indicator?

I have a madrid longboard with 80mm Smooth Ride wheels. I have better bearings than i the kit from Olson&Hekmati (a small local company here that sells Longbaords)

Thanks for any advice!!!

1 Like

I’m helping my friend make her first eMTB, suggestions for motor mounts? Getting a MBS 95 Comp complete and deck swapping for a MK1 B-stock, we have some 6374 motors for it already

Looking for something between the Boardnamics and ATS price range I think

ask @Acido for a great value battery, hes in croatia if im not misstaken, so not too much shipping

and for quality budget parts you could check out dickyho’s ebay shop

1 Like