Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

@agentdev have you every had any issue with the gauge on yours?

@Andy87 what do use in mother Russia to air tires to consistent pressure?

@DerelictRobot how is the gauge on your Lezyne?

@ducktaperules do you use any sort of consistent PSI setup? Any pump with a good accurate gauge?

@mmaner , even if I get a bike, retard^2 still dictates Iā€™m going to obsess over my tire pressure. Do you have any special preferred pumps up your sleeve?

FWIW:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VPF7RL

This thing works great as an on the go/tool bag pump. I just want to experiment with more precise PSIā€™s and it isnā€™t great for that.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I have connected a buck converter to my lipos (10s1p) to power my leds. It drained two of five lipos to unrecoverable voltage IMO (below 2V) (Yeah, smart me). Since then I have replaced the faulty lipos with new ones and sorted the batery draining issue. The problem is that the new lipos came ā€œstorage chargedā€ to 3,8V. The old ones in the pack were 3.6, 3.2 etc. When I fully charge the pack the BMS seem to balance them, but this process is super slow (about 0.3V of balancing per 24H). Is there a faster way to do this??

Here is the bms I am using

Any help is appreciated!

This is what I use on the go.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QPKGZ3W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use a compressor with a flex-hose to achieve precise PSI levels.

https://www.amazon.com/Supatool-Inflator-Nozzle-Pressure-Gauge/dp/B07MCVWCCF/ref=sr_1_52?dchild=1&keywords=compressor+tire+inflator+hose&qid=1586197064&sr=8-52

1 Like

Sweet. That in-line gauge compressor attachment was just what I needed. Wasnā€™t aware of their existence.

I wish we could put a list of recommended pumps/styles in an already existing pneumatics thread for convenience. May prove to be useful to others.

Make a thread, that way everyone can find the topic they are looking for and NOT have to read info on a separate topic.

3 Likes

Nah I just wing it usually. Pump them up till their about right +/- 5psi (accuracy of my pump) then forget about it and go have fun riding. If they feel low I put some more in.

Iā€™d been doing my street slicks by feel just fine - however once I started using hard rubber knobbies, I couldnā€™t feel a difference between a good bit of air. Main reason Iā€™m giving this much effort. Iā€™ve also noticed a decent difference in my ability to glide over craggly hump-laden brick roads at high speed with some slightly differing pressures across all slicks. Probably not a thing a lot of people find the need to care about, itā€™s just bothered me a bit.

Perfectly usable. Lezyne gets top marks from me.

1 Like

You could speed up the process of you have a lipo charger, just charge the old lipos

You can use your truck axle as a press using washers on either side and appropriate sized spacers to be able to tighten the axle nut.

My bergs happen to all be slip fit with Zealous bearings

1 Like

So far no issues!

I just solved a click by filing a specific washer thinner by about 5%

These clicks are so hard to track down.

1 Like

Maybe these Redz bearings donā€™t like Bergs. Let me try some zealous bearings and then work my way up through the list of more complicated solutions.

1 Like

Not exactly. There are 2170/20700 size cells that match the 30Q or VTC6 in both power density and energy density - Not too surprising, itā€™s the same chemicals, just stuffed in a different can. It just happens that the one you picked, the Sanyo 20700B, is not one of those. The Sanyo cell is actually more energy dense than the 30Q or VTC6. The issue is, the tradeoff between energy density and power density - Itā€™s less power dense than the 18650s I mentioned.

More energy, but canā€™t deliver it as fast.

2 Likes

Yeah but then you have the options of 3.5Ah cells in 18650 size if power density is not what you are trying to matchā€¦

Ummm wtf did I do to this motor. The motor itself spins while the pulley on the motor shaft stays in placeā€¦ when I put the cover on with the gear for the wheel the motor spins by itself.
Uhh anyone what I fucked up here. Vid below.

Does motor shaft spin?

1 Like

Yea it spins but if you put any pressure on it just the motor spins by itself.

EDIT. The pressure from the wheel gear is enough to hold it in place while the motor spins by itself.

Did you put keyway or anything on pulley?

2 Likes

Yep keyway Iā€™m there with loctite 648.
Ahhh fuck me. Problem solved.