Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

If you can get your vesc talking to any version of vesc tool, you can export all your settings as an XML to reuse them later.

Its at least as much about gearing and battery series as the motor. If you use 14/36 gearing and a 12s 4p pack, then definitely yes. If you us 16/40 with a 10s3p, then prolly not.

1 Like

ok so a DUAL 6374, 15/36, 10s3p would be ok then?

Prolly. 10s4p would definitely do the job, 10s3p with dual 14/26 would definitely do the job.

ok ill do 14/36 then thanks for the help

1 Like

Thatā€™s assuming 90mm wheels?

10S on 15/40 with 107mm or 110mm wheels moves my fat 210 lb ass around town just fine. With one motor.

1 Like

I will reupload later when I get home. I think Iā€™m just gonna load everything up in my Google drive.

@b264

Do you have the link on how to quickly check the motors by shorting the phase wires? I cant seem to locate it from here or on builders.

My ninja search skillz arenā€™t working. Thanks

1 Like

But thatā€™s only a measly 23 mph top speedā€¦whereā€™s the fun in that?

2 Likes

Anyone remember who had the mountainboard question where one side would randomly spin backwards? It was in the last few days I think

Mine go a lot faster than 23mph (37km/h), and thatā€™s on 170Kv

24 at full battery I guess

More like 26.6mph (42.8km/h) loaded and 29.6mph (47.6km/h) on the bench

If you click on the calulator at the top, itā€™s actually the default setting

170Kv 10S, 110mm 15/40

1 Like

Wait I had the AT efficiency plugged in, Iā€™m dumb and blind

1 Like

Can you expand on that? Are you saying that adjusting the battery regen voltage will affect braking at high speed more than at low speed? I havenā€™t got that straight in my head yet. Which charging and amperage limits translate to the mechanical ā€œam I going to face plantā€ part of braking.

1 Like

Adjusting the ā€œbattery minā€ voltage current will affect braking at high speed more than at low speed. Adjusting the ā€œmotor minā€ current will affect low-speed braking more than high speed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clear answer and the correction on voltage. I got it right once and wrong once. Iā€™m a mechanical guy at heart. I tell people after 25 years of working with antennas I have learned how to spell RF.

4 Likes

On Mouser I see that XLR connectors only support up to 50v, would that make them a poor candidate for charging my 12s7p 30q board? What do you guys use for charging 12s boards?