Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yeah why not?

1 Like

Ok, I’ve tried searching all over for this and reading some different things, so I’ll ask here. For pneumatic wheels, does the size between a 6 inch pneumatic tire have a longer range than an 8 inch pneumatic tire or are they pretty much even? I know the smaller has more torque and better for carving and bigger one is best for top speed and rolling over shit.

1 Like

Generally unless they use different tires you will get around the same

However 8 inch usually uses slightly more knobbly tires which do decrease range

1 Like

Ok, that’s what I was leaning towards, but a lot of the info i found were from 2014 about urethane wheels

1 Like

95% duty cycle is full throttle, right?

How to remove motor pulley from motor.

problems

• it’s blue loctited,
  • It’s grub is pressed against a steep dip that doesn’t follow through to the end of the shaft.

Tools,

• cheap alu alen key.
  • hair dryer

Ideas

• cry
3 Likes

It kind of already sounds like you found your solution tbh.

After you’re done crying buy one of these https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-54150-Battery-Terminal-Puller/dp/B000I14RY6

2 Likes

Maybe bad for battery to charge just half an hour?

Wow I just read this nice article (linked below) all about vesc and the vesctool. And there I read this:

Sensored mode is pure sensored mode, which means it’ll use sensors all the time. You probably don’t want this as sensors are not efficient at high speeds and may cause issues such as high heat.

Hybrid mode will cut off the sensored operation at a predetermined erpm from the “sensorless erpm” field in vesc tool. So it operates in sensored mode at motor startup and in sensorless mode at high speed.

Does this mean we should all use hybrid mode?

Here is the link:

1 Like

Sadly I did this ----v---- ( ---- = shaft) (v = flatspot)

back to the drawing board tough case senario

• shaft replacement.

• drill the grub out and use other bores

My method still stands. I loctite my grub screws and makes em impossible to back out. I just use that extractor and brute force shear the grub in half during the extraction. Doesn’t take as much force as you think. After that it’s easy to get the remaining grub out.

2 Likes

Wow you’re saying use the force to break the screw.

Intresting angle, that’s actually good stuff critical thinking right there thanks!

1 Like

Yep. Steel shaft will shear a screw in half just like a pair of cutters. Just need to apply enough force. Those extractors will remove just about anything.

2 Likes

@Jansen check your texts or pm’s :angry:

1 Like

Anyone know if you can get replacement motor shafts? I need a smaller shaft on my TB6374’s so that I can get it to fit with evolve AT kit.

Either smaller replacement or I get the dremel out…

Just put the motor in a plastic bag, stick the end through and dremel it off. It is less of a nightmare than dealing with extracting the shaft from the can which may or may not be loctite and 99 other things.

4 Likes

for the vast majority, yes.

in your case the appropriate response is:
“this is an analog board - duty cycle does not apply here officer; my electric skateboard was confiscated by the police and never returned.”

5 Likes

Got it. Just wanted to check if i reached top speed today.

↑ (this is gold by the way)

continues to push the mountainboard. Nothing to see here.

5 Likes

So I need to get this motor shaft removed… pretty sure loctite was used when it was put on. Am I gonna need a torch to heat this thing up to remove it. Pics for reference. Thanks a lot

EDIT: got it out plz ignore

2 Likes

I did run the motors on the vesc tool and I unplug the motor sensor
and I had on blcd just because is was showing as sensorless on the vesc tool but even without the sensors still have the same problems. Takes a bit to start going and makes a huge noise as well. Any idea what could be ? I used some xt30 for extension on the motor cables and ordered extra cables for the sensors.