Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Ahhh no worries at all not a huge deal Iā€™ll look into it today at work. I might bug one of the iOS devs lol

What you can do in the meantime is either wait for @rpasichnyk to see this or send them a log via email.

1 Like

Will do Iā€™ll send them a handful of logs with this issue. Thanks a lot. Appreciate the help.

1 Like

Rightfully

2 Likes

@ahrav if you were on android, i would assume you did not provide permissions for the metr app to access location ā€œall the timeā€, even when the app isnā€™t open. however, i donā€™t know how ios permissions work. make sure you have the latest version of the app available in whatever apple calls their app store

2 Likes

I have the settings set to allow always on iOS as well. I think it was the preferred GPS setting. I needed to turn it off. Gonna give that a shot later and see if it resolves the issue.

Thanks thanks.

aaaandā€¦ a new version 4.2.4 got pushed to the Google play store, check your store for an update that might help

4 Likes

Thank you!
That one should do fine.
Do all of these use JST 1.5 (I donā€™t have a caliper to measure that precisely)?

Thank you @Jordicious!
Yeah, thatā€™s what I meant, thank you!

My Shroedingerā€™s Phoenix has dangerously weak brakes. I wonder if the cause is on the motorā€™s or ESCā€™s side.
What is the best approach to figure that out and find a solution?

1 Like

Taking a look at your esc iā€™d say its the esc ^^

1 Like

Yah can probably pull the bit of foam off of there and take a look at the capacity and find a similar sized 1S lipo pouch battery. One thing to note it appears the Low voltage cut-off circuit is built into the battery there, this isnā€™t uncommon but would be sure your replacement has LVC to protect the cell in case the power is drained to 3.0V it will just cut off output. Other thing is just making sure the plug is the same or be ready to swap it over can either: 1, recrimp and use new plug (most work best result); 2, swap over the plug from old battery to new, or 3 pull wires out of new battery plug and put them into old battery plug (assuming roughly same size), best bet is get the same one I think itā€™s just a JST-XH with 2.54mm pin spacing but thatā€™s just a guess and fairly standard plug for these things.

https://www.digikey.com/en/product-highlight/j/jst/xh-series-connectors

Someone can correct me hopefully if Iā€™m guessing wrong from the pic but thatā€™s what it looks like from here with my squints.

Iā€™ve bought a handful of these off Amazon too theyā€™re sold for micro-quadcopters but just need to be sure the connector matches since sometimes JST-PH or like you mentioned different pin spacing (just saw your new posts)

2 Likes

Not sure.

Could probably use a ruler to make an educated guess.

It will either be 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, or 0.1 inch

Probably nothing besides those so just guess which one with a rulerā€¦

1 Like

Why the fuck would you list 3 metric measurements and then an imperial one which converts to metric fine (2.5mm), i thought you despised FUB

I do despise FUB but the old old standard was 0.1" and some of the older stuff is still on that. I doubt this is 0.1" which is 2.54mm

4 Likes

Because just because a 5mm bolt fits in a 10-32 hole does not mean the bolt will thread so itā€™s good to note the origin of the measurement instead of assuming it is metric based.

7 Likes

Ahhh that makes sense. I have essentially no mechanical teachings so a lot of this stuff is straight over my head

1 Like

Yeah, the clash between metric and FU gets really confusing sometimes.
Itā€™s really bad here in Canada cause weā€™re so close to the statesā€¦
We measure distance in km but height in feet,
Temp in C but weight in pounds,
Lumber and screws are mostly Imperial,
Itā€™s really confusing sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

England. Canada. same same but different.

1 Like

England is like our distant great aunt who comes by to visit sometimes and tells us how big weā€™ve gotten :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And its the aunt that disinherits the aussies

5 Likes