Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

the roads in London arenā€™t good, there are some parks that are nice, but on the whole no. having said that (and i know this sounds shallow), i just donā€™t like the look of AT setups. ive read of other people having same prejudice to begin with, then trying pneumatics and not going back to thane, maybe ill be that guyā€¦but I just bought some blue Caguamaā€™s, will go a bit larger if necessary, but want to make this build i have in my head first, then make changes if it doesn;t work out. thanks for teh advice though, i dont doubt the truth of what you say

1 Like

Can you explain the banding in more detail?

Does it feel like you are bouncing off of a certain max speed? My guess is still max erpm if thatā€™s the case.

Here are my settings. Can you send me yours?

I notice youā€™re hitting a max speed of 40 it seems and your erpm is not going any higher than 357xx.

you can go 15mm dual with the torqueboards, itā€™s close but it should work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s a rubber band/slingshot feeling. As if you walk against a rubber wall that bounces you back a bit and you walk against it again and again.

Or the feeling of riding on a slope or sine wave. Just a bit quicket and not that extreme.

The max 40.2 is just where i stopped because i didnā€™t know what it was, i could probably squeeze some more out of it.

Here are my current settings i use in metr. Everything with red is what i work with, the rest came with creating a new mode. Rest of the board ist stock from Motor detection.

Rubber banding or stuttering? I guess is it low frequency or high frequency?

The banding effect was smooth. No stuttering. You could say its like releasing the throttle a tiny bit and accelerating again until you are at the position you were before but without hiccup, stutter or anything. What i canā€™t tell you is, if the banding had a effect on speed at that time.

The principle of a baja

36gukp

2 Likes

What youā€™re describing is the exact effect of hitting a set erpm limit.

In the mode, add the erpm table and check the value.

This is everything related to erpm i think.

@b264 ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Manbabe huh?
:sweat_smile:

Yeah doesnā€™t look like erpm limit. Any chance itā€™s only applying these settings to one esc?

Which esc are you using? Whatā€™s your build?

1 Like

Extra for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Second vesc has the same values.
I use 2x 4.12 tb vescs with ack 3.103 in foc.
dual 6374 on 8" pneummies. 10s4p 30q and 12s1p lipo.

1 Like

How is the state of the canbus cable? Possible that it might be switched on one esc? As in l to h instead of l to l.

nope, cable goes to the same spot on both. No kinks or something, looks good

Well thatā€™s all I got for you.

Maybe try a fresh setup via usb and see if that resolves it.

2 Likes

I think iā€™ve set it up fresh 2 days ago when i tried to use hfi (reverted back to ack and now iā€™m here)

Today is the first time iā€™ve noticed it ( have around 1.1k km the clock on this board) 95% of it on Ack. bless his heart

Itā€™s at this point where Iā€™d try two different escā€™s. Like two of the four spare focboxes I have.

Well iā€¦i donā€™t have any spares. ^^ Just a borrowed fsesc 6.6 from @Mainflow thats in another build.

Always have on-hand spare:

• ESC
  • wheel pulley
  • motor pulley
  • truck
  • bearings
  • belts
  • charger
  • remote
  • receiver
  • heatshrink/wire/bolts/solder etc
3 Likes
  • ESC - nope
  • wheel pulley - other ratio but yes
  • motor pulley - nope (not anymore, stupid grub screw)
  • truck - nopeā€¦well street yes, AT no.
  • bearings - yes
  • belts - yes
  • charger - 10s yes but slower, 12s no
  • remote - different one yes
  • receiver - for the different one, yes
  • heatshrink/wire/bolts/solder etc - yes
2 Likes