Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

These bolts arenā€™t holding us together anymore, theyā€™re tearing us apart :cry:

11 Likes

Doesnt make up all of the bolts I need for my board right now but you get the picture

Grade 5 Titanium bolts sourced in the UK

1 Like

Being completely serious, the only thing I look at for esk8 is corrosion and stripping resistance.

Cheese grade fasteners are good enough for holding esk8 parts together with loctite.

Cheese grade fasteners are not good enough for the common denominigga to be trusted to not strip shit out by overtightening/using the wrong tools/etc.

Selling a board that should never be touched by the end user? (Which is inherently stupid with the current state of esk8) - cool, use your Ti shit

Trying to teach hands on hobby uninclined people how to build? Give em shit they canā€™t strip out.

Actually, I may be slightly wrong. I had a vendor try to have a laugh with me in person that he was sending out straight cheese grade shit with their gearā€¦ not only did I not find that funny, their gear is now causing a lot of people issues :joy:

1 Like

Is that pro-bolt? Their USA website has gotten hundreds of my $$ but theyā€™re so pretty :joy:

Or, could just 3D print the bolts. Might work.

2 Likes

Yah probolt. :joy:

:ok_hand:

Well to be fair, there is a big gap between cheese grade and quality stainless. Iā€™ve seen some of those ā€œsteelā€ bolts that might as well have been made of aluminum. I think as long as you are buying quality hardware, itā€™s not needed to have people seek out high carbon grade 8+, as long as theyā€™re not buying bulk 1,000 pcs bolts for $4.99 off aliexpress.

About 25A battery max in my experience and even then at high/prolonged loads you will get throttling

1 Like

Im probably lighter than you, but ive definitely squeezed a constant 35A out on inclines or being a dumbass. But even heatsinked/active cooled they burn out around 50A the poor DRV just canā€™t drive all those fets methinks.

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

@PixelatedPolyeurthan
@wafflejock
@sesat

I finally remembered to make a video.

On the shadow you can see how much it wobbles, and when i show you the truck itself.

When i show the side profile take a look at the outer part of the hub and the tire bead/lip, there is always one or multiple parts that go up a bit.

(needs a bit of processing for the HQ variant, depending on when you watch it)

3 Likes

Hey, quick question, I am about to order a tsg pass helmet. My head measures about 58cmā€¦
I know that 58cm is the cuff between medium and large, and that the helmets tend to run small.
I am good with a large helmet right?

1 Like

yup. u be fine.

2 Likes

thanks man

It looks a little more pronounced (the wavering/unevenness) than mine I think but a bit hard to compare the nubby wheels to smooth street ones on mine still maybe it helps?

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve done any hour long or other similarly long rides yet (on the pneumatic build) but so far havenā€™t noticed vibrations being a big issue will have to report back when weather here is more permitting to some long rides.

I do wonder how much the nubbies add to vibrations on a smooth road too.

1 Like

dude put down the pipe, and the engineering degree you failedā€¦ youā€™re almost 53% out of your league hereā€¦

TLDRā€¦ Iā€™m honest at leastā€¦

are you sure your tires fit your hubs?

If theyā€™re not a semi-tight fit the tube will make it worseā€¦ Iā€™m late to the party here, but in my humble opinion, the tire bead inside diameter is too large for your hub diameterā€¦

Yeah this is pretty acturate. like a bolt and a nut byt the thread on the bolt finishes just short so the nut never fully tightens.

I think it is hard to get it perfect. If you are doing below 30kmā€™h or off road then i think it would be fine. if i am doing higer speeds than that on the road i wouldnā€™t ride it. Looks to sketchy. I would consider getting an actual pump and check th difference of wobble for example at 30psi,40psi,50psi etc to see if that changes it because a hand pumping until you can press about 2-3mm in the tire with your thumb is not very accurate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Noā€¦ Itā€™s exactly like a tire, thatā€™s bead doesnā€™t fit the hub, and itā€™s pressed out, by air pressure, by a non-exact tube. Expecting that tube to center and align the tireā€¦

Thatā€™s what itā€™s likeā€¦

1 Like

They do, yes.

The first set i had had an extended bead (bad batch) after contacting mbs i got a new one which fits way better and leaves practically no wiggle room up and down compared to the old ones ā†’ they had much more room for play but still wobble

Yah curious here too but will have too wait till itā€™s more forgiving out here to do some testing at various pressures while actually riding, can do some indoor and bench testing for now but still a bit chilly to hang out outside for extended periods. I am curious to experiment more with this in the coming summer though in general and try to gather data about how tire pressure effects range etc.