Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Let us know how it goes

Im trying to find a good thickener, would something like flour or surgar work?

Degradable material can create has it gets hot and breakfast down…may cause the adhesive to turn to foam and fall apart. Glass micro beads will be more stable

1 Like

I won’t be testing it but I imagine bicarbsoda might work instead of glass microbeads . I have used it for bodgy repairs on wood and plastic as a filler for superglue. It does make super glue set instantly so i would mix up some with epoxy and try it on something else first if you don’t wanna buy glass microbeads. Do it for science !!!:rofl:

1 Like

Can I solder to a fuse? I have a 3p 30Q pack I want to add a fuse to with very limited space… thinking a 80A glass tube fuse and shrink wrapping it

Can someone check and see if alienpowersystems website is down? It appears to be broken for me.

Thanks.

All weird no pics

1 Like

Can’t click missing image

3 Likes

Mines even worse than that. Its just text and no formatting of any kind. But its good to know its not just my browser

anyone know what this slight ticking sound from my motor is?

I’ve gone maybe 5 mi total with these motors, did a 3 mi test ride today and then noticed this when I got home.

1 Like

it also only makes that sound when the screws mounting it to the mount are fully tightened. when I spin the motor and it’s mounted loosely it doesn’t make that sound. Wonder if it has anything to do with the screws that were loctited then removed multiple times

1 Like

Are they maybe a bit too long?

1 Like

actually I think it has something to do with them being seated fully flush against the mount. because I fastened the screws in tightly while just HOLDING the motors and spun them in my hand with the mounting screws in and it didn’t make that sound!

1 Like

It really depends on the fuse. I’d say try it outside your enclosure, test it, and if it works then redo it for real.

I suggest using a nice powerful iron with a decently fat tip, set to a high temperature. You want to get lots of heat in there fast, solder, then get out just as fast.

Could be the circlip on the motor shaft slightly rubbing the inside of the motor mount.

1 Like

thats exactly what it is…is that bad??

1 Like

I solder to automotive fuses all the time.

Like this one

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/576-099707.5WXN

But a glass tube fuse already has solder in the end, I think. I’m not sure those would work. Like @MysticalDork said, try it elsewhere first or on an extra one.

I don’t know exactly what’s wrong, but I would suspect the mount or motor plate is slightly bent. If it was my motor, I would try this, and I don’t know if it would work.

Get some of the 0.2mm shim washers. Like a speed washer except 0.2mm thick instead of 1.0mm thick. Figure out which screw makes it do that. Tighten 3 and see if it doesn’t do that. Figure out which one tight does that. Put a shim under it between the motor and plate.

1 Like