Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yeah, all the ports on a vesc (at least the vescs I’ve used) are PH 2.0mm.

1 Like

Heat. All those lovely amps are heat. simply put.

My favorit thread :slight_smile:

I have 10s3p 30Q pack 9Ah
i got a 42v 2a Charger how long to charge it from 0 - 100%

9ah / 2a = 4.5 so 4.5 hours or how do u calculate?

1 Like

That’s about right.

It tapers a little at the end, so maybe a little more time.
Batteries wear out, so maybe a little less time.

But the biggest difference is that I rarely completely discharge a battery so it’s usually a lot less than that.

Yeah i’m avoiding that. Tack 4 the quick help Btw.

1 Like

I fully subscribe to @b264’s all boards fully charged whenever possible philosophy. The few times I didn’t use this approach I regretted it. I don’t care if it’s the wrong plan for longevity.

3 Likes

I only leave a board uncharged if it’s broken. Then I still always regret it because when I fix it, I have to wait for it to charge. But it seems silly to me to charge it, if it’s broken. The batteries would prefer not to be fully charged, and I know it’s not going to be ridden…so I leave it in the 50%-75% full zone

How does one calculate peak discharge of their packs? I made a 10s6p out of molicel p26a’s. They are rated for 35a continuous but I can’t find the info for peak discharge. Anyone know what settings I should type in my esc?
For info: esc is dual flipsky6.6 and motors are 190kv 6354 with a 15/44t on 125gummies

The P26a only have a discharge of around 25 a rather then 35 a

Not according to the new data sheet I just saw from molicel

Data sheets don’t mean much. You have to try to find discharge graphs made by someone who is not Molicell.

2 Likes

Lol I know the sheet i have saved in my phone says 25a. No clue why all of a sudden it’s possible to be 35a but in either case I don’t want to push the esc that far and doubt my motors could take it

You’re both right. Mooch says 25a. Doesn’t change my trouble though :confused:

Also another noobie question. My pack is with a bypassed bms. Pack reads at 41.9v but bms reads at 41.4v … normal?

I never run my cells above their max. continuous rating. Too much change of damaging them and/or adversely affecting their cycle life. Plus you have 6p, 25A/cell should be plenty of juice.

2 Likes

Why are 6s chargers at 25.2v? shouldn’t it be around 22.2v? wouldn’t the charging light be forever on red and never turn to green?

Full charge of a lithium ion cell is 4.2v

2 Likes

Would JB weld Clear be good enough for battle hardening a motor?

Not sure about the clear. The time I tried to use JB Weld 8266-S original forumula to harden a motor, it was a massive disaster.

I found out it actually has steel in it…

2 Likes

The clear doesn’t seem to have any additives like the original formula does.

I might give it a try.