Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Hey guys, so i was thinking, like my description sais, my school has a very very high precision powderprinter that prints nylon.

I was wondering for a long time if it would be strong enough for wheel hubs as it its stronger than fdm prints i think.

Anyone that has experience?

Is it SLS? Those are strong enough for production use. A good one gets close to the strength of mold injection.

1 Like

Yes it is, ans if you need prints i can print for material price :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is in one of my prints

2 Likes

Oh damn. If only I could justify $10k for one of those kits.

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah i love my school, they have like a 150k one i think, atleast it was some time ago.

I tried press’n’hold while pulling the switch from the Unity and it turned off within a second of it disconnecting. So, is there an auto shut off setting? I looked and don’t see one. Other ideas? It stayed on when I tried to configure the Unity using the Unity VESC Tool. When that tool didn’t work for me, I loaded Ackmaniacs Tool, which wanted different FW, so I selected the fw “BLDC_4_ChibiOS.bin” and loaded that. Then this auto shutoff behavior started, so I am guessing it has something to do with that fw?

@Venom121212

I’ll post it here again because like i said, i don’t get any kind of notification on the reply thread.

Here is a video from today. Took no effort to steer.

It basically feels like balancing on a wedge.

Ohhhh shit no, Ack only works with focbox singles, the Unity needs the stock firmware!!!

2 Likes

Yeah that FW shouldn’t even run the Unity since it uses a different MCU, Prog/SWD Flash the Unity with stock firmware and you’ll be right as rain.

2 Likes

Well shit, I over looked that key piece of information. So I need to go back to the Unity VESC Tool and flash the FW?

Thanks, to be clear, flash the stock fw with the Unity VESC Tool and not Ackmaniac Tool?

Yes.

Edit: providing you didnt try to run the motors or anything high current like that, there shouldnt be any damage but if you tried its pretty conceivable you got some cooked DRVs but shit happens.

1 Like

Yes, load the latest version of whatever Unity was with the focbox tool. Only config unity with that or the UI, anything else and you’re in for a bad time.

1 Like

@moon
i sell one… interested? ^^

Only motor running was during the motor setting detection.

The Unity Tool doesn’t recognize which FW I need, so do I need to manually download the Unity FW from GitHub? If so, what is it called? VESC_default.bin?

1 metal truck?

Plastic baseplate

ah nvm. Would break it in like 1 month

How do you ride to brake them? :sweat_smile:

1 Like