Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I see your point on heatā€¦ heat creep and HAZā€¦ I just use longer pigtails and never look backā€¦ maybe Iā€™m old skool ā€¦ but Iā€™ve never experienced a failure where the pin has pulled from the connector while plugged into it mateā€¦

Iā€™m a Luddite and just NOT going to do itā€¦

1 Like

I just fucking hate the bulk the pigtail splice makes. Itā€™s definitely the autism in me, also the fact that I keep trying to shove big batteries into tiny integrated decks and every larger non-flexible shrink wrapped joint makes a difference.

2 Likes

google up off-road desert racingā€¦ baja 1000 pfffft he knows his shit and is compensated on his zero failure mantra

1 Like

I know itā€¦ i hate itā€¦ and it causes me restless sleepā€¦ I need to buy a quality small Ga. wire crimper and get over the anxiety

Yeah, if you just drop the money on the engineer crimper itā€™s fucking painless. Like, if you have your own shop nobody else fucks with $40 for a quality tool is nothing. I was able to do two quality crimps a minute on 24awg turnigy silicone with a $5 harbor fraught shitter crimper. (After 10 minutes and ~10 experimental crimps)

It might suck if you have super shaky hands. Like, Iā€™m definitely getting there.

2 Likes

I have fat fucking hands/fingers and canā€™t see for shitā€¦ crimping 22ga wire is on the edge of my skill-set

my cheater go to is pre-crimped wire ends and unpinned wires and connectorsā€¦ plus Iā€™m lazy

These guys are incredibly helpful to have around. Order now so you have em when ya need em. Also have them in for 10S, etc.

Nice silicone wire

2 Likes

got 'emā€¦ I race kwad too!

and Iā€™ll fucking bet you I can unpin a 10 pin connector and re-pin it with ZERO garfed up connectors faster than you can crimp and pinā€¦ jaajajjajaa but I digressā€¦

While Iā€™m in full bitch mode, i h8 vendors that spec silicone wire but it has fcuking plastic insulation on itā€¦ small wires should always be silicone

3 Likes

I got boxes of JST pins and a crimper :joy: If you need something crimped lemme know I guess lol

1 Like

i canā€™t measure resistance and inductance while doing the motor detection in foc.

It makes the usual sounds but wont switch to green.

EDIT : Restarted the ack tool and now it works.

EDIT 2: What the fuck is this sound?
Focus on the light in the video,every time that sounds appears the light vibrates like crazy. Its not the autofocus of the camera.

1 Like

Itā€™s the alians, they finally got you

does the vibration come from the motor and does it come only from one motor or both?

thxā€¦a lot of useful info here.

Probably from the right motor?
At high speed it doesnā€™t ā€œclickā€ like you can hear in this video.

1 Like

That most certainly sounds like a loose magnet. The reason you here it less at higher speeds is beccause the rotor is spinning so fast the magnet does not have enough time to fall back on the stator so it just does millions of little bounces which makes less noise that when you go slowly and thus get a thud thud sound.

I could be wrong but i have had a motor make that exact sound and it was a loose magnet.
@kook ?

1 Like

Makes sense but i havenā€™t found anything wrong when i cleaned it the last time. No scratch marks, broken or loose magnets.

Iā€™ll have a look again later.

1 Like

Do all the screws look tight on the motor? Does the axle look straight?
When you get a chance to take it off your board, before disassembling it hold it in your hand with a cloth or and try accelerating with the remote, if you feel a thud every time it spins in your hand then it is probably a magnet

1 Like

Will do. Gonna risk a ride now though. Just set up foc the first time on this boards. Gonna report back!

oh and yes, all screws are tight

2 Likes

How is the shape of the can? Perfect round?

Like a can ^^ No dents or anything that wobbles.

1 Like

then i think my first answer has the solution :grin:

2 Likes