Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I got 6 phase wires and 2 sensor cables through a pg21 for reference

2 Likes

Well. Currently using kahua trucks w @rey8801 hammock adjustable baseplates. Kingpin that came w the plates are long. Rear is fine since I’m using double barrel bushings.

1 Like

@pookybear I’m not sure on those. I am fitting in some Bowery Surf adj baseplates on some TB DDs right now and it was M10x1.0mm pitch thread. For me its looking like 60mm is the ticket but it’s going to be different length ranges for different trucks.

3 Likes

@rey8801 is recommending 65mm length w 25mm threaded. He has the 60mm and it’s a bit short according to him.

McAlister Carr website has a ton of sizes.

1 Like
2 Likes

@ZachTetra

I looked at the chart @Venom121212 posted, and realized you can get some more space by removing the rubber thing that B1 measures in the pic.

By removing that I could almost get the connector through, but there’s a small plastic lip preventing it from going all the way. Since PG-7 should be .5mm larger, then maybe you could fit it through like that? I’m just not sure how waterproof that would still be.

1 Like

If you connect your 5v and GND over CAN you’re going to fuck your VESCs.

1 Like

Why is that anyway?

VESCs have differing internal resistances which results in the 5v/3v rails being slightly different which isn’t really a problem until you connect the two and have voltage spikes travelling along both VESCs trying to equalize just putting crazy strain on wherever the 5v rail comes from, DRV or CAN chip I think.

I’m super fucked I apologize in advance.

4 Likes

Short answer is power/ground loops.

3 Likes

How do you waterproof such a fracture without furthercompromising the optical properties of the lens?

1 Like

Use UV cure liquid glass resin. Same stuff they use for windshield repair. Liquid wicks into the crack, hit it with UV to cure.

2 Likes

Thank you!

You may also be able to get replacement lenses from various places. What light is that?

It is a ThruNite T1. They already sent me a replacement light, but I’d like to fix this one up because it’s still perfectly functional (and awesome).

If you happen to know where to get a lens for cheaper than a UV cure kit, that would be lovely.

Hm, I only see cleaner spray and wiper blades.

I must be missing the point.

you are a proctologist, no?

dig for the answer Like @Kellag with itchy butthole!@!

you were so close… only one click away…

1 Like

Well 60mm I meant the all length of the kingpin. They will be fine if you use cone bushings. With double barrels it works but I prefer the kingpin as deep as possible in the baseplate hole for structural integrity. I double the external washer in smaller bushings setups and is plenty. Also remove 5mm from the existing one is fine or buy a new skate kingpin.

2 Likes