Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Idk but CAN by definition is a 2-wire communication protocol… That seems a little odd. :confused:

2 Likes

eerrrr opps sorry brain strain :rofl:
Cheers

1 Like

@Ahrav because they aren’t the same core as ABEC. You can try heatsink maybe that might tighten things up a bit?

1 Like

Thanks. Glad to know there is a potential fix although I think I’m gonna stick with the Arctic Blues instead. Just got the adapters as an alternative.

3 Likes

Well, mine are exactly the same as my ABEC 107s.

EDIT: I’m wrong. There’s more slop than I remembered. Just checked and FML. Sorry, guys and TB.

5 Likes

That is an excellent way to go. You are set.

1 Like

That’s strange. Can you do some measurements on the ABEC pins and core if possible?

1 Like

on the esk8 calculator there is Cont. Discharge & Max Discharge. filling in the calculator i can find Max Discharge on the cell profile, but not Continuous Discharge…where do i find/what is the Cont. discharge? thanks

Mystery solved. I’m a doink. (See above.)

3 Likes

A certain remote manufacturer won’t allow me to discuss this here.

4 Likes

I̵s̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵r̵e̵ ̵a̵n̵y̵ ̵n̵o̵t̵a̵b̵l̵e̵ ̵d̵i̵f̵f̵e̵r̵e̵n̵c̵e̵ ̵b̵e̵t̵w̵e̵e̵n̵ ̵t̵h̵o̵s̵e̵ ̵3̵?̵
̵h̵t̵t̵p̵s̵:̵/̵/̵w̵w̵w̵.̵v̵b̵e̵l̵t̵g̵u̵y̵s̵.̵c̵o̵m̵/̵p̵r̵o̵d̵u̵c̵t̵s̵/̵4̵8̵0̵-̵5̵m̵-̵1̵5̵-̵s̵y̵n̵c̵h̵r̵o̵n̵o̵u̵s̵-̵t̵i̵m̵i̵n̵g̵-̵b̵e̵l̵t̵?̵_̵p̵o̵s̵=̵1̵&̵_̵s̵i̵d̵=̵3̵2̵a̵5̵3̵f̵9̵3̵7̵&̵_̵s̵s̵=̵r̵ ̵

h̵t̵t̵p̵s̵:̵/̵/̵w̵w̵w̵.̵v̵b̵e̵l̵t̵g̵u̵y̵s̵.̵c̵o̵m̵/̵p̵r̵o̵d̵u̵c̵t̵s̵/̵4̵8̵0̵-̵5̵m̵-̵1̵5̵-̵c̵a̵r̵l̵i̵s̵l̵e̵-̵o̵e̵m̵-̵e̵q̵u̵i̵v̵a̵l̵e̵n̵t̵-̵t̵i̵m̵i̵n̵g̵-̵b̵e̵l̵t̵?̵_̵p̵o̵s̵=̵2̵&̵_̵s̵i̵d̵=̵3̵2̵a̵5̵3̵f̵9̵3̵7̵&̵_̵s̵s̵=̵r̵ ̵

h̵t̵t̵p̵s̵:̵/̵/̵w̵w̵w̵.̵v̵b̵e̵l̵t̵g̵u̵y̵s̵.̵c̵o̵m̵/̵p̵r̵o̵d̵u̵c̵t̵s̵/̵4̵8̵0̵-̵5̵m̵-̵1̵5̵-̵d̵-̵n̵-̵d̵-̵p̵o̵w̵e̵r̵-̵d̵r̵i̵v̵e̵-̵o̵e̵m̵-̵e̵q̵u̵i̵v̵a̵l̵e̵n̵t̵-̵t̵i̵m̵i̵n̵g̵-̵b̵e̵l̵t̵?̵_̵p̵o̵s̵=̵3̵&̵_̵s̵i̵d̵=̵3̵9̵b̵c̵b̵5̵7̵c̵2̵&̵_̵s̵s̵=̵r̵ ̵ ̵

O̵p̵t̵i̵o̵n̵ ̵B̵:̵ ̵s̵h̵o̵u̵l̵d̵ ̵i̵ ̵r̵a̵t̵h̵e̵r̵ ̵b̵u̵y̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵s̵e̵?̵ ̵ ̵
h̵t̵t̵p̵s̵:̵/̵/̵w̵w̵w̵.̵d̵o̵l̵d̵-̵m̵e̵c̵h̵a̵t̵r̵o̵n̵i̵k̵.̵d̵e̵/̵Z̵a̵h̵n̵r̵i̵e̵m̵e̵n̵-̵g̵e̵s̵c̵h̵l̵o̵s̵s̵e̵n̵-̵H̵T̵D̵-̵5̵M̵-̵B̵r̵e̵i̵t̵e̵-̵1̵5̵m̵m̵-̵L̵a̵e̵n̵g̵e̵-̵4̵8̵0̵m̵m̵-̵9̵6̵-̵Z̵a̵e̵h̵n̵e̵

EDIT : vbeltguys want 18€ shipping + 6€ handling for 4 belts. fuck that

They’re the same, just from different manufacturers/distributors. Some folks insist on only buying belts made by D&D, for example.

There are different versions of HTD belts, however. You can get them with different belt material (Neoprene or polyurethane) and different tension members: Fiberglass, carbon fiber, steel, or Kevlar/aramid. Each has advantages and disadvantages. The go-to is neoprene and fiberglass, or maybe kevlar.

3 Likes

Try these guys. https://www.vbeltsupply.com/ IDK where you’re located, so shipping may just be a bitch no matter who you go with.

2 Likes

I’m in germany. So vbeltsupply is a no. (45$ shipping)

The one i had in mind is made from neoprene and glass fibre

https://www.dold-mechatronik.de/Zahnriemen-geschlossen-HTD-5M-Breite-15mm-Laenge-460mm-92-Zaehne

1 Like

Can anyone confirm if you can or can’t get a 5.5mm bullet with shrink wrap through a PG7 cable gland?

I’d go with PG9 except 14awg wire (at least what I have) squeezes to 3mm so the PG9 seems too big

I just checked with a M12 one (which is .5mm smaller / the same size as a PG7, judging from the amazon description), and it does not fit through. Needs to be at least 2mm wider. Sucks, I didn’t even think about the connector getting through.

1 Like

I have had really good luck with D&D belts. Never had one clean break like some other brands. One time I had a D&D belt half shear apart, it stuck together by a thread for another 10 miles and got me home. Only downside is they seem to be thicker on average and tends to have more drivetrain drag.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know why our calculators have separate values for that. Only reason I can think of is if you have a cell that heats up a lot at the max discharge, like the samsung 40T.

Just use the same value for both.

2 Likes

Does anyone know the dimensions/measurements for a reg rkp kingpin? I’m trying to get one but shorter. I have checked a few online stores to get the size but they don’t indicate it other than the length.

1 Like

For what kind of truck? I’m not sure there’s a standard as bushing height changes, etc

1 Like