Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

IMO thatā€™s fine, or actually a little too tight. Basically you want to be as loose as you possibly can make it, and not have it skip under heavy acceleration/braking.

Thank you Iā€™ll
Give it a shot. Hope it resolves it because I canā€™t wait to throw on the TB110 Artic Bluuueessss. In a couple days.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s perfect :ok_hand: but i do prefer to run my belts on the tighter side, it does reduce freeroll and increase power consumption, but thats just how i like it

2 Likes

Just realized the video wasnā€™t uploaded correctly. Fixed that

When does nkon send out packages? Every Thursday?

The gym

4 Likes

I hate you Tyler. Like honestly from the depth of my heart. I wanted them soo bad and you snatch them while i sleep? Evil i say. Evil.
@stan i am paying you to be my reservation bodyguard from now on. When you see a good deal that you donā€™t need reserve them for me :wink: :rofl:
Well played @Tyler93245 :handshake:
did you also get the drivetrain?

1 Like

I have no life. I check the FS thread too often, you canā€™t win this XD

Didnā€™t grab the motors, got the mounts though

1 Like

Whenever they goddamn feel like it.

2 Likes

@stan double pay now

me too lol

cheers

1 Like

ok guys, so iā€™ve been re-directed here but still cannot find the info i need hence iā€™m asking here. Iā€™ve just had my dual 4.2 flipsky esc failing on me after 1 month. So iā€™ve bought 2 single escs on Amazon (so if they fail iā€™ll have amazon covering the replacement) which i need to connect togheter. I only have 1 receiver (for Vx1 remote) and i guess i only need to power one esc and then connect it to the other esc in order to obtain the dual setup. Does anyone have pictures of how to connect them to achieve the above setup? thank you

2 Likes

Which ones? link?

1 Like

This one: https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07DHJCP7J/ref=pe_3310731_185740161_TE_item

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks man, I was afraid that it is too loose actually because I ran tighter previously :sweat_smile: but I just snapped a belt this morning and it makes me think it I had it too tight last time :thinking:

Noted on that man, Iā€™ll probably run on this tension setup for a bit and see how it goes :+1:

1 Like

You gotta use a CAN bus cable or split PPM :+1:

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 10.06.30

hey, anyone know how the scale on surf rodz adjustable baseplates is intended to be used ?

hate me, but i want to nullify the front angle on my evo, and i would like to do so in a methodical manner, not by guesswork

@sender sorry for tagging, i got hinted you might know more about this

1 Like

You are good with soldering and have connectors of choice?

If so, then you only need a Canbus cable (warning: donā€™t power one vesc with canbus cable connected to unpowered vesc. Will blow canbus chips.)

4 Likes

Thanks. Im good at soldering but do not have connectors available beside the 2*ESC Sensor Wires that came with the flipsky dual esc. So i need to buy canbus cable? And how that split PPM work?

2 Likes

You can go three ways here:

Canbus-

With canbus cable connected, all the input is shared between the two vescs in a master/slave relationship. So you donā€™t need to use PPM.

Split PPM/PWM:

No cable needed and you set up each vesc as a single unit, and they only share the remote signal and receiver (one red wire needs to be snipped from one of the receiver cables so only one power wire for both).

(Not as popular an approach) Two receivers:

(I will let the two receiver king @b264 explain.)

4 Likes

Perfect, thatā€™s what i was hoping. Now i need to figure out how to source a canbus cable quickly cause i do not have any availableā€¦ any suggestions?

1 Like