Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Have only had a (crappily printed) PLA one fail on me so far and have made them up to like .5" tall and hollow with lights inside and still no issue if you treat it well. If want to be more rough with it PETG or better TPU.

3 Likes

Anyone have an experience with LiPos going from ~42v to 10v overnight? Checked on every individual battery and I was getting 2-4v per lipo but none were warm or puffy. Hooked them a up to a balance charger and itā€™s back to 42v, am I retarded?

Edit: it ā€˜recoveredā€™ from dead LiPo to regular depleted charge in 5-10 minutes @ 4amps so thereā€™s something fucky going on here.

Edit 2: Each battery is balanced back at 11.3v for storage charge with no puffiness or heat from a 50a load. These are the most selective electrons ive ever experienced. I think Iā€™m just braindead or hallucinating.

2 Likes

Thanks @wafflejock, I never thought about that. I keep getting reminded how much there is to learn about these boards.

1 Like

Hey, so i finally got my focbox back up and running, do raptor 2.1 wheels have any sensors in them, or are they sensorless?

1 Like

How would one find out if they do or donā€™t

Any other information anyone has on do or donā€™ts during the setup of a unity focbox would be greatly appreciated.

They are sensored. Apart from the 3 Phase wires there is ausually a white JST plug with multiple thin cables. Thats your sensor wire.

2 Likes

I hope not, I just finished this, plus a wedge one for the front.

3 Likes

Anyone know why my remote wouldnā€™t connect to the unity focbox, ive gone through the app wizard twice now with no success

Any chance you have it plugged into the wrong receiver pin channel or its flipped around ?

i donā€™t think so, but i can look back at older pictures to see, if it were would it straight just not work?

Yes. I same so shamefully because Iā€™ve done both of those things :expressionless:

do you also know why it will occasionally just shut off

ive only ever seen it happen when plugged into the computer so far, but im conerned it will happen while riding.

I plug it into the right side 3 pin, I donā€™t see any other place for it.

This would be the problem part right?

Yes that would be the part. If youā€™ve never removed that black silicone before, itā€™s certainly the right pins.

As to the unity shutting off randomly, it reboots after I update firmware but other than that, it doesnā€™t.

Try spinning the motor every minute or so while itā€™s connected to the unity to keep it ā€œawakeā€.

One of the old firmwares didnā€™t stop it from timing out on firmware updates.

what would the part be called i think i need a new one, it wont connect to my remote, and i have two neither works, i took off the silicone to see if there were any identifiable problems

if it were to turn off while riding what would cause that

That part is called a remote receiver. Iā€™d just look into getting a new remote entirely. The mini remote is dead reliable and battle tested for pretty cheap.

Does it turn off 100% randomly?

You donā€™t see it happening later into your ride or when hitting bumps or cracks?

yea it turns off 100%