Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

how much is the mini remote, does it come with the part i need

Mini remote is about $20USD and it comes with a really rugged and reliable receiver/transmitter.

1 Like

Do you got a link I could use I can’t seem to find it, thanks for everything this is lit

Here’s one from @BuildKitBoards, he ships real quick

Sorry I keep tagging you Jared :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

[AU$51.02]Mini 2.4Ghz Wireless Remote Controller With Receiver For Electric Skateboard Longboard Electronic Components & DIY Kits from Electronics on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/KLttw3Mrw3
Both are rock solid this is more lowkey if you esk8 laws are suss.

A friend gave me his broken koowheel d3m.

The esc was dead. I found out koowheel used the standard hobbywing esc. Koowheel wanted 160€ for a replacement. Ownboard sells a hobbywing esc for only 50 bucks (including remote) !

I obviously went for the ownboard esc.

While the esc is identical, with only differing connectors, I can’t get it to work, both motors make this horrible noise at higher RPMs.
Here a video of the best possible wiring combination I found (please remove the space between youtu. And be

youtu. be/uIoUmGABAHE

The motors look splendid from the inside (can’t post images :frowning:

Does anyone have an idea? I’m out of options

Bummer

had a problem on an older raptor, the motor looked fine, but the magnets on the inside of the motor were out of alignment and touching eachother which is horrible for efficiency, that could be what happened. Not sure though never seen a onewheel motor

thanks man!

1 Like

offtopic but damn, only 50 bucks? thats a steal for the HW esc.

1 Like

So I just bought some boardmanics mounts (non-idler) and want to build a short board with 85mm cags eventually…

I was thinking some 160kv Flipsky motors, 13s1p A123 LiFePO4 pack, 36t torqueboard 12mm pulleys, caliber 2’s, and maybe a maker-x dual esc + an anti-spark. Thoughts?

here’s the board 36"

2 Likes

I was doing some board maintenance and decided to update vesc firmware.
I’m running dual focbox over can and updated to the latest vesctool firmware.
I reset all my settings to the same as I always do.
I run current no reverse with brake.

After updating, when I barely touch the brakes (at standstill on the bench) the motors grind and spin opposite directions (from each other)
If I full press the brakes there’s a hard braking noise but no tire motion.

I’m confused I’ve never seen this before any ideas?

1 Like

@Excess It’s Vesc tool firmware issue

1 Like

Thanks
Is downgrading firmware the only fix then?

I believe so. Hopefully it gets addressed in the next firmware version

1 Like

Ackmaniac, nuff said.

9 Likes

Article here by some anonymous nerd:

5 Likes

Sometimes I get caught up with trying everything new…when I should just stick with tried and true :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks bill. I’ve definitely gone through that top to bottom.
It’s a Fantastic write up

3 Likes

Just to follow up. I did test downgrading the firmware from 3.66 to 3.65 and it cleared up the issue

4 Likes