Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

It is not a built in spacer, it is a shoulder to put the motor mount clamp i think. (not round, same shape as a caiber hanger. square with one side rounded off)

1 Like

Oh, word. Bummer then. Short axles are :-1:

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a noob question: is direct drive the future of eskating?:cactus:

If new technology allows us to deal with the heat problem / manufacturing costs for these new fancy motors goes down, then definitely.

As of now: belt drive is cheaper, gear drive is more powerful, and direct drive options are quite limited, but if I was
a) building a board with DKP trucks and urethane wheels, I would definitely use eloftyā€™s drives
b) building a dual drive board with RKP trucks and large urethane wheels, I would definitely use Torqueboardsā€™ DD, no question about it.

So for those builds, it is already the best option imo. Time will tell if it makes its way into other build types as well.

2 Likes

never :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My metr Log does not include a map and i have no idea how to fix it.
I enabled GPS in the metr app and iOS settings. GPS speed is working in the realtime tab but the route is not recordet on a map.
https://metr.at/r/sKmFz <-- No Map

try this. Make a new record after updating. Old ones with the bug wonā€™t get it back.

TY for the tipā€¦ looks like itā€™s up to date but there is still no map for me :man_shrugging:

@BuildKitBoards Iā€™ve got a BKB motor mount and I cannot for the life of me get it to clamp and thereā€™s a absolute ton of residence, so I took the bolt out and the end threads are all messed upā€¦looks like the thread tapers out before the end of the boltā€¦ suggestions? I guess replace the mount or re-tap it myself? Iā€™d assume a blind hole M6 course thread tap ought to do it?

It basically stops turning about 5mm short of beginning to clamp

Nothing inside stopping it from spinning? If not a retap will do the trick

I can poke an allen wrench in farther than the length of the screw but the threads donā€™t catch all the way down

M6x1.0 thread right?

If you retap it you need a ā€œbottoming tapā€ so that you can tap to fill depth.

Make sure you do not bottom the tap out and then snap it, because then youā€™ve really bricked it.

2 Likes

Check your new tap against the bolt, the threads should mesh perfectly if you line them up side by side, just to make sure

1 Like

Iā€™ll try and find oneā€¦ suggestions where to find one on short notice? Most of my University is locked down so chances are pretty slim

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!!

I have 6880 maytechs on TB 218s with 15mm pulleys. You should be good bud.

1 Like

Oh yeah, thereā€™s still close to 10mm left between the motors?

1 Like

I have the sealed maytechs so they stick out slightly more. Let me find my caliper and Iā€™ll get back to you. It would def. Work woth 12mm pulleys.

1 Like

Make sure the motor lengths are properly accounted for, maytechs are longer than they say

2 Likes

I canā€™t find my caliper ahhhhhh. Theres a good 8mm of clearance between my motors though.

1 Like