Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Mine says

for the 8mm x 12mm x 1mm ones. Iā€™m confused what youā€™re seeing.

1 Like

The 8mm x 13mm x 1mm ones say I can get them next-day for $9.99 + $0.00 shipping

Pretty easy really if you have a v groove in the jaws of the vice. You just leave what you want to cut off above the jaws and grind it flat. No v groove then donā€™t even try it.

Ainā€™t cheap compared to 100 for $6, but McMaster Carr has bags of 50 for $14, and they ship FAST.

Aluminum ones for $11, too.

True. I usually only order from McMaster if I need something in a hurry or itā€™s some obscure thing that nobody else has for a reasonable price+shipping time, but dang are they lifesavers when you need them.

This assortment pack has been very useful for me. Sure, there are some sizes I havenā€™t touched yet. You get 20 of all useful sizes though with extra other sizes you may one day use.

Soft washers from copper or brass are meant to deform to make up surface imperfections in mated parts. They should be replaced every time you disassemble the joint to prevent having high spots where you want low spots. Copper also has a low anodic index. It is not a good idea to have copper up against aluminum because of galvanic corrosion. Mixing copper with stainless is fine.

4 Likes

are all mountain board trucks the same whole pattern i would like to put the etoxx grip on my kaly just wanna make sure it will fit

If I have a battery with a charge only BMS and an XT90 on it, will it spark when I plug my anti spark switch into the battery? It has a normal XT90 connector and not the anti-spark one.

I had my first fall yesterday, will I stop crying myself to sleep at night eventually?

1 Like

Yes, when your testicles drop :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

I dropped them pretty hard yesterday!

7 Likes

LOL, nice comeback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whatā€™s the best way to reprogram a VESC 4.12 thatā€™s been sitting for eight(ish) months? Do I need to worry about firmware versions with the new tools? Should I hook up the same voltage battery that was connected before it was disconnected? There hasnā€™t been any attempt to reprogram it for 2ish years.

It should be fine. Do you have any reason to suspect itā€™s not? If you just want new firmware go hereā€¦

Download the lastest vesc_tool(the creator of VESC) and program it. Any battery size from 3S to 12S will work for motor detection. It doesnā€™t need the same voltage as before.

Detailed instructions here:All new 2019 vesc-tool

Does anyone run RKP rear TKP front?

Seems like it would make for a really good carving board but still be stable at higher speeds

@b264 would this be like your RKP DKP ?

No, it will not spark.

1 Like

Yeah, crazy battery and motor numbers in the wizard, thatā€™s awesome for a guy that is unclear on how to program a VESC. Maybe worry about the user more and busting my balls less.