Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Do I need to link my Nano x crash gif again? Brand new, out of the box, used less than 5 minutesā€¦ Stuck in full throttle.

I fear for anyoneā€™s life that uses the nano-x remote, cast iron trucks, or any 3d printed components in the drive train.

4 Likes

I wanna see th crash, Iā€™ve been riding hard with the nano x on one of my boards for months without a single hiccup

Well the quote came back in minutes. The following are all in stock.
----ID-----ODā€”thickā€“Qtyā€“Price
10.312 19.05 0.254 100 $50.00
10.312 19.05 0.508 100 $35.00
10.312 15.875 0.508 100 $27.50
Not in stock 3 to 4 week delivery
10.312 15.875 0.254 100 $125

My Six Shooter hubs arenā€™t quite 10 mm between bearings. If I put a 10 mm spacer in the wheel clicks a bit with the axle bolt fully torqued. If I put a 9 mm spacer in and torque the axle it binds the wheel. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and pay the $77.50 for 1/4 and 1/2 mm thicknesses. I think having two different ODs for the two thicknesses might turn out to be a good thing.

1 Like

Is voltage sag just as damaging as if you discharged a battery below the minimum voltage?

Thanks for the concern, but itā€™s been fine šŸ¤·

Okey iā€™m a bit worried, just plugged in my antispark switch from martinsp to my battery but the button light is always on, it is however not connected in both ends only to the battery if that matters. While disconnected i get no connection (measuring with multimeter) on the negative side of the antispark like it should be i think? I also get a resistance between negative and positive at 22M Omh should they really be connected or is that normal? Is my antispark broken?

If cells are low enough for me to be thinking about this I donā€™t push it. The cells will recover if they are just dragged below minimum voltage for a very short time due to voltage sag but theyā€™re just about empty at that point anyhow, personally use really conservative limits (using lipos I charge them to 4.15V per cell and cut off starts at 3.7 and ends at 3.5, generally I recharge when theyā€™re around 3.7) but swapping batteries helps avoid down time for me. Iā€™m also less aggressive on the throttle after the first full charge ride in general.

^^ explains for lipos same goes for 18650 cells just different range of voltage depending on the cells.

Long story short it is bad to discharge below min voltage when under load but it is worse if the batteries are resting and donā€™t recover above the min voltage or are held below min voltage for extended periods of time.

Is the FSESC dual 6.6 plus compatable with the METR Pro?

If it runs VESC firmware and has a UART port Iā€™m guessing yes but maybe someone with experience or @rpasichnyk can chime in.

1 Like

I heard something about reversed UART pins on the VESC6 but Iā€™m not sure if flipsky copied or fixed it

You can lead a horse to water but you canā€™t make it drink.

1 Like

I have a FSESC4.20 plus that came with an anti-spark switch that I donā€™t actually use, itā€™s always turned on under the enclosure (I just remove the battery). It got loose inside and the continuous vibrations made it not work properly anymore, now with any minimal vibration the switch turns off without touching. Here is a picture of it:

Is there anyway to bypass the switch or replace it with a better one?

I intend to make a hole install it when I get proper tools but for now it needs to stay on and under the enclosure.

Everything works fineā€¦ Until it doesnā€™t!

5 Likes

Why not just take 1/2mm off the 10mm? Spacers are aluminium. I resize them all the time. Vice with a v groove and a grinding wheel. You could probably take 1/2mm off with sand paper flat on a bench. If you donā€™t have a vice spend the 77 dollars on that.

2 Likes

I found and bought 0.2mm thick 10mm washers about a year ago but I canā€™t figure out where I got them. They are awesome, and Iā€™m almost out.

A stack of 0.2mm - 0.5mm thick washers in 8mm and 10mm (ID) should be in every builderā€™s drawer.

You can probably sell those in small packs here. I know Iā€™ll buy some. Especially if you get shipping down to just a stampā€¦

ā€¦and having 8mm as well would be awesome

These things are gold for aligning pulleys and belts too.

1 Like

They were on amazon for the longest time, cant find them now.

These are just a little over .5

Here are 8mm .125 thick

1 Like

Here is what I got a while ago

Works great

2 Likes

You are obviously way better with a grinder than I am and I have all sorts of vices. I was referring to the kind you clamp parts in. If I tried to grind 10 mm down to 9.5 mm one side would end up 10.5 mm. Donā€™t ask me how. I donā€™t know.

3 Likes

@anon54720240