Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Allright don’t bother too much i’m juste quite dumb.
Just recheck and the charging port is def not linked to the esc. I just had cable running through the enclosure to keep it out of the element after i swaped the deck to a small cruiser.

So in the end all is good. I’ ll try to bridge the power button at some point i think.
Thanks a lot for your inputs

pretty sure those aps would hit my deck lol.
80mm is a bit wide :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Alternatively, is there any good lock-out system to charge at 6s2p and discharge at 12s1p?

Ok so i’m thinking of picking up the cloud wheels from I wonder and pairing them with the torqueboards direct drive. I know i can get abec adapters for the motor kit but because of the wheel shape will they rub aginst the motor housing. It looks like they might not fit. Does anyone have experience with the wheels?

I usually do the string trick to figure out my belt lengths.
But I’d like to order my belts before my pulleys got here this time.
Could someone help me figure out what I needed with just measuring the mounts and knowing what size pulleys I’ll be using?

14t/72t

Its just over of 92mm (about 92.075)
Center to center

@DerelictRobot

1 Like

Got some solder on the back of my unity while trying to solder on some better wires. Is this okay?

14:72T - 92mm CTC

Looking like 425mm is about on the money.

2 Likes

Damn okay. I was thinking 420. But the only belts eboard solution sells with the mounts are 410 ( but thier wheel pulleys are 68)
Thanks dude

1 Like

Is there any adjustment on your mounts?

68 to 72 is a 20~mm increase in circumference at htd5

1 Like

Yeah.

Might try and find 15t x20mm motor pulleys too

Nevermind that, I think it is okay, seems fine running my board around the block a few times. Though can’t figure out how to limit my erpm on the unity electronically. Anyone using unity know how to limit max erpm?

Try SDP/SI, that’s where I got my belts.
They have loads of pitch lengths, should be able to find 425.
Actually, here’s a link to some 425s of various widths.

1 Like

Damn they go from 15 mm with to 25mm. Néed 20mm

Hmm…
You sure 15 isn’t wide enough? I’d assume it’d be plenty strong for most use cases…
Unless you’re climbing like 90 degree hills or something :stuck_out_tongue:

I bothered getting 20mm pulleys. I wanna use them lol

1 Like

Fair enough. If you’re really set on it I think they do custom cuts, but don’t quote me on that one.

1 Like

Apparently all the M5 nylon lock nuts I bought are a 5/16 hex instead of 3/8…that’s not problematic right?they are the same thread length so probably the same holding power for this purpose

Exact same thing, you’re all good :slight_smile:
Just a bit easier to round the corners but as long as you’re careful you should be fine.

1 Like

If you take the unity part out of your question are replace with VESC variant I can answer it :smiley:

1 Like

It’s the same on a unity.

1 Like