Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

ahhhhā€¦ok thx. that helps a lot.

so two of these in series would be like 32000 mAh. if Iā€™m correct can a Unity handle this?

two in series would be 12s 1p, which would be 16000mAh. The important part is the Series count, and as im sure youre aware, the Unity can handle 12s no problem.

2 Likes

No. Two of those in series would be a 12s with 16000mAh.

Two of those in parallel would be a 6s with 32000mAh.

2 Likes

thxā€¦i think i understandā€¦ still confused about parallel only being 6s but 32000mAh. Iā€™ll research this moreā€¦thx

1 Like

See if this helps at all:

1 Like

thxā€¦iā€™ll read up on this some more.

1 Like

no problems, brother. Hope it helps

1 Like

Does anyone have an stl Mount file for this type of light?

Motors run fine after fiddling with far too many parameters, but Iā€™m still running into issues where my unity will just randomly reset to default settingsā€¦ So far its only happened when using the bluetooth but idk if thatā€™s causation or just correlationā€¦

Bluetooth can write config over the uart connection so itā€™s possible but I donā€™t have experience with that particular hardware or software so canā€™t really lend any insight there beyond itā€™s possible.

If you imagine each cell is a bucket with water filled to some point based on how much charge it has, higher water level is higher voltage.

If you stack the buckets itā€™s equivalent to hooking cells in series the voltage (water level) gets raised but the water from a pipe out the bottom has current from all the buckets above it (high speed current since buckets are higher or voltage is higher, but goes through all the cells/buckets). If hooked in parallel it is like all the buckets are next to each other same potential energy between each because the height or voltage is the same, but if you draw current from a pipe connected to all the buckets in parallel each bucket supplies a fraction of the water for the output current.

Another thing to consider the number of cells and their capacity tells you the Wh which is an easy way to compare between batteries. The configuration in terms of P and S changes the Voltage the battery outputs and the Ah but this is a trade off whereas the Wh are fixed to get more to the point the

Wh = V x Ah (the right side here can change the left side is fixed basically, voltage can go up but then Ah goes down the total Wh is fixed based on the cells nominal voltage and capacity regardless of arrangement)

So say you have 10 cells with 3.6V nominal/average voltage, and 2.5Ah, that means each cell is 3.6V x 2.5Ah = 9Wh (you will find cells with a bit more or a bit less in 18650 form factor). Since you have 10 9Wh cells in the scenario you have 90Wh battery, if you stack them all in series you have 36V average output (10 x 3.6V) if you stack them 5S 2P (2 parallel sets of 5 cells in series, or 5 series sets of 2P groups) the voltage is 18V (5 x 3.6V)

Despite being same Wh no matter how you arrange things, using higher voltage to deliver the Watts, means less amps and so less loss as heat (primarily in the motor where the greatest losses are from what the professor has shared).

Video explanation here

Khan Academy has a pretty good course on electronics physics too covering Kirchoffs and Ohms law and other related things.

PS a higher Ah is basically a larger diameter but same height bucket, height is voltage diameter is Ah or capacity.

3 Likes

I have this light too. I would also be interested in a stl file.

@Myke do you run it straight off your battery? 42v?

Hello, anyone can help with a screen remote for hobbywing ESC?

1 Like

What brand of board did you take the hobbywing esc out of?

got the hobbywing ESC from them directly, it is used for 90mm hub motors. I located in Shenzhen.

2 Likes

Your best is probably to buy one from wowgo boards. (I think thereā€™s is compatible with all hobbywing escā€™s but I could be wrong.)

wow ok thx. thatā€™s a lot to take in but i have a better understanding now.

1 Like

I actually use a slightly different one that has a couple more leds and yes I run it straight of my 50.4v battery.

1 Like