Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s 10+24 x 1.5in.

3 Likes

@ZachTetra Skateboards are a mixture of cultures and knowledge from different people over the years. Letā€™s take an eskate as an example. Doubt everything you have on one is from a single source of knowledge :slight_smile:

3 Likes

10-32 is standard skate hardware (fine thread), 10-24 is coarse thread.

2 Likes

I just wanna bolt a box to a piece of woodā€¦it shouldnā€™t be this confusing. Everyone should just go to metric because its better and this would be so much easier

4 Likes

BTW Matrix II baseplates are M5x0.8 by 30mm socket truss machine screws, I realized Iā€™m dumb and that the front truck isnā€™t covered

Lol letā€™s see you come to my woodshop. Iā€™ll let you use your metric system while asking you to calibrate parts that require 1/64th of precision :wink:

2 Likes

I believe you mean 0.4mm precision :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Letā€™s see that on your measuring tape :wink:

Youā€™re telling me youā€™ve got 1/64th inch markings on your measuring tape?

Yup. My carpenter measuring tape has 1/64 and I have a carpenter precision ruler that goes to 1/128th for very precise adjustments (luckily I havent had to go that crazyā€¦yet)

1 Like

Pics or it didnā€™t happenā€¦no way there is a ruler with 1/128in marking

Mind you thatā€™s still 0.2mm basically so likeā€¦is it really any better? Base 2 type counting in decimal is just bad :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Iā€™m not at work for the holidays. But basically, my mentor took a 1/128th caliper and had the calipers removed from it. Every worker has one at their desks. We only use them to ensure our tapes give out same numbers when we buy a new one

Iā€™ve been running a dual unit dial 8"/200mm caliper for the last year and its such a nice tool to have

2 Likes
digital metric/FUB calipers are essential tools, IMHO

FUB = Freedom Unit Bullshit = Imperial

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s not really unheard of when it comes to carpentry work.

Unityā€™s working now, as far as I can tell.
Got rid of the cogging by manually tweaking flux linkage, but its still spins up really slow on the benchā€¦
Works fine loaded so far, but I def need to tweak currents.

1 Like

Cool post screenshots of your amp and voltage settings in particular if itā€™s still acting weird but checking realtime data shown in screenshot above can show what control input itā€™s getting and what duty cycle itā€™s running at.

with 1 to 1, if the size constant (km) of the motors is the same, the efficiency in the motor of both the 58kv and the 80kv will be the same for the same acceleration or constant speed, but factoring losses in the controller, the 80kv will be less efficient in the controller because it requires more motor current for the same acceleration. more motor current doesnā€™t affect the heat in the motor under the scenario because the higher kv motor has lower resistance if the km is the same, so the higher kv motor is less efficient for the same constant speed because of the controller losses alone (not because of losses in the motor).

as far as 190kv and 4/1 vs 170kv and 3.5/1, if the km is the same, then the higher kv motor geared to the same top speed will be more efficient. in this case you have the lower kv geared to a higher top speed which lowers the efficiency even more for the lower kv than if they were geared to the same top speed. if they were geared to the same top speed and the km was the same, the 190kv would still be more efficient.

this all assumes the km or size constant of the motors is the same. if the km differs then the answer will differ accordingly.

2 Likes

whatā€™s the equivalent of a 12s6p in LiPo batteries?

Forty two.

Your question is similar to what is the equivalent of an apple in Duplo.

My 12s6p made up from Samsung 30q Li-ion cells is 18Ah or 18000mAh and about 777 Wh based on 3.6V.

This should help you to find something similar in a LiPo cell pack

2 Likes