Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Yeah I may be a dumb ass noob but I canā€™t see feeding the Comm wires and CAN and PPM wires out unless notching the lid. Also I donā€™t see how I can get the receiver in there. Not much room unless I take it apart than Iā€™m afraid of radio interference.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Going to try Two Notch the lid. Should not compromise the waterproofing.

2 Likes

@Aeromech787
Make sure you plan it out. Example: do all the wires you want to use fit towards that location, does it make it too bulky for the lid to close. Wouldnt want to dremel the lid and find out you have to jbweld it

I would just drill a hole, put wires through it, then seal around the wires with maybe neutral-cure silicone

Seal them while itā€™s open though or youā€™ll never be able to get it open again :rofl:

2 Likes

Measure twice cut once. Got it.:+1:t2:what could go wrongā€¦

I was thinking the same but through the heatsink area.

I paid a lot more for my Enertion vesc and those were bad from the manufacturer. These cost less and are much heavier duty.

1 Like

If it were me, Iā€™d either do what @b264 said and drill, then goop with silicone, or Iā€™d 3d print a new lid with a hole already in it.

2 Likes

Ok so I need to buy some new ESCs.

Looking for 2 singles to probably connect by CANbus and run a dual setup. Want something strong and reliable.

2/Maytech 6.8 superfoc vs 2/Flipsky 6.6 singles

Will use a loop key as anti sparks sound fragile.

@b264 will suggest dual receivers ( which I am considering - but need new remote receivers etc thenā€¦hmmā€¦)

Advice / recommendations / better options?

1 Like

I have this ESC. There are two small notches in the small removable lid in which you can run the wires to receiver and sensor.

It is tight doing up the lid but mine still works.

1 Like

If your budget can accommodate them, Vesc 6 are the current best of class:

Cheers Bill.
Yup, they ainā€™t budget.
Cost is going to be the issue there. They will be about three times the priceā€¦

2 Likes

Hey, out of my wallet league as well.

1 Like

Anyone have any suggestions or methods to prevent the Allen head of motor pulley setting screw from slipping?

Had mine slipped and needed to glue an Allen key into it and sacrifice it :confused:

Would there be a way to extend your batteries cycle life by charging to say, 80%? I know most batteries get more life from not charging fully, but would there be a way or a BMS of sorts that does it automatically to extend the life?

There are BMSes that have more or less configuration just like different ESCs, looks like this one comes with software but yah would just have to search specifically for if the BMS has some sort of connectivity where some software can interface with it and that it provides that option (I imagine most that have any software interface would allow you to set max charge voltage since itā€™s probably a pretty common thing to want to set).

List of ones with some sort of connectivity from BesTech here https://www.bestechpower.com/communicationbms/

looks like DieBieBMS also has a QT based UI for configuring that kind of thing.

1 Like

What kinda antennas do people use on the metr pro? Is the large one needed?
Deciding which to get. (Lmk if you have one too many)

First noob question.
So uhhā€¦ what does 10char mean?

3 Likes

Forum restrictions have minimum character length for posts usually complains your post is less than x characters (10 in most cases) so people add 10char to make the message go away for quick responsesā€¦ I basically never need thisā€¦

3 Likes