Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I believe it does as well. I felt something was off after I did a firmware update on my unity and traction control got ticked to off.

1 Like

Don’t forget to vote then :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah the only time I ate shit was without traction control and i can’t explain how, best guess is one wheel went over a slippery surface and must have spun up. Have used traction control ever since… I’ve noticed when purposely braking hard on dirt with urethane it sorts of drifts to one side slightly but then it kind of straightens itself out, if that’s traction control, idk.

1 Like

I have done several searches and I can’t seem to find much info on the differences between vesc 4.x and vesc 6.x. the only thing I have found is better heat sinking and it measures current on all 3 phase wires instead of calculating the third. What other improvements are there? Is ackmaniac esc tool compatible with vesc 6?

Find a focbox

Besides the obvious difficulty in sourcing 2 focboxes, the cost of doing so is a bit much for me…

I thought you were going single drive

1 Like

lmao no?
Dual singles :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit to clarify: I already have the board built, I just need to replace ESCs as my previous ones were hobby-type with no brakes.

1 Like

Regarding differences it’s a redesign using different DRV chip the 8301 in place of the 8302 that used to blow out above 60k erpm or 8500 motor rpm with a normal 7 pole pair motor. There may be other heat dissipation or component swaps that make it better able to handle higher voltage and amperage a bit more safely (without burning anything up)

If you want all the detailed differences think you can get the BOM for each and diff them or otherwise compare manually.

2 Likes

:rofl:

what a joke

@kellag

1 Like

Shake my damn head

I thought dual ESC = bad?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Don’t listen to brian

You could still get 2 single focboxes for $300…

1 Like

So if dual ESCs aren’t bad then why not save the money and get the cheaper Flipsky option? From what I’ve researched, it doesn’t seem to be of bad quality…

2 Likes

Flipsky 6.6 was the ESC i was looking at for my first build for a while. Type “flipsky” into the search bar and start reading. A fair amount (i would wager a majority) of the results you will get (especially on the 6.6’s) are people posting problems. A lot of those problems seem to be caused by poor quality control. That changed my mind about them pretty quick.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

5 Likes

They are 5$ cheaper than a Focbox Unity after shipping

Probably depends where you’re shipping to though… I know that amazon.com gets expensive shipping to Canada… Unless there’s a better place to get unitys from?

EDIT: I checked, amazon’s not that bad for shipping. Kinda sold on the unity now :stuck_out_tongue:
Should I hold out for Black Friday pricing or should the [1 remaining in stock] worry me lol

As far as i know, amazon is the best place to get then currently. They only recently became available there after Enertion stopped fulfilling the orders from their site. The seller on amazon is actually a different dude (who is here on the forum) who gets stock from Enertion and fulfills through Amazon

1 Like