Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I don’t think risk is high at all honestly, I ride with the hardest riders in the world and I’ve never seen anything blow a unity pushing up vertical hills or keeping a steady 40mph. It’s a good reccomend man I promise you

1 Like

Not so, my taint-pierced friend. I am also afflicted in this manner.

5 Likes

Au contraire, I had two! I sold one, and am keeping the other. Ran them hard and never had a single issue with them. Absolutely fantastic rock solid hardware, worth their weight in titanium at least, if not gold.

2 Likes

Lol yeah I’m sure they’re pretty legit, just too pricey when a unity is $300. Also fuck @Trampa

6 Likes

I also use my esk8 for survival and to cart my happy ass around town where I used to just walk and take the train, so I am also one of the people for whom this is a hobby+. Still I consider it a hobby since I get pleasure out of it and don’t mind spending time here or working on my esk8, but I have the same focus of something reliable. I personally think 99% of people come in and just want the biggest numbers for specs but have no idea what they are looking at and so overbuild ultimately making the thing less reliable and no better for them.

3 Likes

Im gonna send you a release so I can get that printed on a t-shirt, can I use your avatar as well :slight_smile:.

8 Likes

So @b264 I tried using 2 receivers Andy all work swell except for some reason 1 motor detects hall sensors other doesn’t is that a problem even ignore 1 spins faster during startup

Please, please get photos in matching shirts and get someone to stitch the images together. I promise to squeal in girlish glee if this happens.

3 Likes

Dude, I will fly to CA to get this done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

alltough for me personally the clean transportation is to a part a welcome side-effect, i really appreciate your sentiment here

3 Likes

a little bit of brian
:rofl:

1 Like

has anyone tried the new flipsky 6384 motors?

1 Like

after watching the Movie Hardware back in 1989-1990, I think I’m one of those people as well. that movie scared the crap outta me. there was this scene where they explained what happened to the environment. that scene damaged me for life.

1 Like

I’d rock the hell out of that t shirt fyi

2 Likes

Me too brudda :grin:

2 Likes

It was the belt. Changed both of them. No more clicking. :pray:

5 Likes

anyone know how long it takes for TorqueBoards to ship? I’ve ordered before and got it within days. this order is 3 weeks in. anyone know something I don’t.

Yeah, that got me a few times too. Was readjusting motors and stuff when the belt just had broken cords inside. Don’t worry, it’s temporary skipping, because very shorty the belt will completely snap anyway.

Glad you got it figured out and it was a cheap fix :smiley:

Same…I readjusted the Motors i think 2 or 3 days ago and then this shit happened ^^

Time to order some backup belts again. They did last around 900km + -

2 Likes

Thanks for all the helpful replies everyone! :slight_smile:
I’m currently on the fence between a Flipsky ESC and a Maytech ESC
A few pros/cons of each that I’ve noticed:

• Maytech one has a big heatsink-y thing (better thermals?)
  • Flipsky is cheaper (marginally)
  • Flipsky form-factor isn’t great (very wide)
  • Flipsky has a higher cont. current rating
  • Maytech much easier to mount

If anyone has any thoughts on the better of these 2, I’d appreciate the input.
Right now I’m leaning towards the maytech.

3 Likes