Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

What are the cheapest AT wheels for Esk8? TB, HaggyBoard, trampa, nyc kaly, ect?

Dickyho 6x2 wheels by a long shot, his 8x2 are also super cheap but harder to use

4 Likes

A liion and lipo BMS are interchangeable right?

I think storing JSON with ionic framework and using a web viewer would be ideal. You could host it with github pages or something for no cost…

1 Like

Sorry brother. Put one right on ya there!

I have a 6374 sk3 motor, how do you keep the motor pulley from slipping?

1 Like

Have you cut a notch or keyway?

I don’t know how I would do that

1 Like
1 Like

With a dremel, but since you haven’t: plenty of people secure the pulley with red loctite allowed to cure for 24 hours. Will take a mini torch/gear puller to get it off later, though.

Yes. There can be very slight differences (LiPo usually doesn’t like to be discharged below ~3.5v, whereas many cylindrical li-ion cells can go down to 3, or even 2.5 without much in the way of ill effects) but the maximum voltage is the same and that’s the main thing with a regular BMS that balances on charge.

2 Likes

Depends on what you’re working with really.

You’re going to need a pulley that matches the bolt pattern of the hub or drill it out yourself.

@dickyho makes very affordable components that hold up well. They sell on ebay and I can never find the listings there but search around here and you should be able to find it.

Yeah, I had a hunt and found that they are 1/3 or 1/4 of the price of others!! Thanks @ZachTetra too!

1 Like

Nah screw that guy. Just kidding he’s alright I guess.

2 Likes

I have had this with both focbox and VESC 6+.
My problem was solved by correctly connecting h to h and l to l.

They were switched around accidentally in my build because I had mine connected via the diebiems as well on which it wasn’t clear to me which was which on the diebiems. So mistakenly it was connected l to h.

Weird thing is though I had it connected with focboxes first and this problem only occurred after the focboxes were above 50C or higher.

I thought perhaps they were faulty somehow so to check I tried it with my newly purchased VESC 6+ and the exact same thing happened but this time it happened instantly.

So I now knew it wasn’t the controller and then went back to my wiring and thought it has to be canbus related since one controller was always lagging which was the slave and this only gets its commands via canbus.
I switched the wires around and problem was resolved.

So check your canbus wires and perhaps try a different one.

I still wonder why it only happened after hot focboxes and instantly with the VESC 6+. Maybe shunt related.

1 Like

Could you show me exactly which wires not sure what you mean

Canbus connection is two middle wires from esc to esc in most cases.

Can h to can h and can l to can l.

You are starting to worry me now. Show us a picture of how you have it connected. An actual picture of your setup.

1 Like

I have connected all four cables from one vesc to another standard canbus 4 pin

I am confused when you say H and L should I only connect those two?

Yes just the middle two as mentioned.

And what about the gnd and 5v

Should I just leave them unconnected