Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

hell yeah :joy:

1 Like

tsg pass helmet matt white for 166€ new :star_struck:

talk me out of it guys, i allready have a regular non-fullface helmet…
aside from keeping my face, will this help with cold weather too ?

1 Like

@eBoosted makes the sweetest enclosures
https://www.eboardsperu.com/

4 Likes

It’s him and @BigBen these days for sure.

My board tops at 46km/h, so according to this calculator, I’m loosing around 10km/h? Could this be? Where and what can I loose?

your motor pinion is 12t

I think the 90% efficiency is closer to what urethane wheels get I’m not sure what inflated wheels get…

@moon I have both, and 11t is in use.
@AngryTrucker I’m not sure about this, maybe 90 is for hubs, and ~85 for geared motors. I do believe, that the amount of air in the tires makes a difreance, since the tire can change in diameter, but the loss of 10 seems a bit much.

1 Like

what are you using to record your actual speed?

any gps app.

Hey guys, do you think this sound could be coming from a bad bearing?

I opened the motor up, but don’t see anything suspicious except for a bit of blue loctite that the previous owner must have spilled in lol

I’ts a Maytech 6374. How hard would removing the bearings be / how could I check without removing them to find out which of them is causing the sound, if any? Surely this isn’t safe to ride, right? I don’t want the motor to jam up or anything…

you can NEVER go wrong with a full face. my face thx me in the winter months. fog is the only concern.

5 Likes

@mmaner My title is gone :cold_sweat:

EDIT : Is back again :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no idea who would do such a hateful and wounding thing. I bet it was @BillGordon, he’s such a sadist :grin:.

2 Likes

Poor pupper…

@BillGordon explain yourself!

1 Like

share the link? :smirk:

its a regular amazon link and i had 15€ coupon for installing the amazon ios app, thats how i ended with 166€

“Ready to ship in 1 to 2 Months” well…

Hi, I’m probably going to build an electric skateboard for next year. Here are all the parts:

• Deck: Landyachtz-9-two-5
  • Remote: Flipsky vx1 or vx2
  • Vesc: Flipsky 6.6
  • Motor, wheels: TB Direct drive 90- or 75kv + 110mm wheels.
  • Battery: TB 12s4p
  • Bullet connector 2x
  • Sensor wires 2x

Four questions:

1. How much more powerful is the 75kv direct drive than the 90kv, is there a big difference?

2. Do I need any other parts for the build?

3. Should I get the flipsky vx1 or vx2, is the screen worth 50$?

4. Would it be better if I went for a dual 6374/6380? More powerful? If so should I get the TB 6374 or 6380?

I am comfortable at high speeds on a longboard.

wow ok seems i got lucky then, mine should arrive on the 21st, ordered today :confused: