Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Try making a new .h file and including that one. Does that work?

New one?
What do you mean exactly?

Make a new empty file and call it “pterodactyl.h” and try including that; see if error happens.

1 Like

Still throws an error that it can’t find it, even though after rebooting this dummy code I see additional tab for this dummy .h file
But this is probably another issue, in recent year they change a lot stuff and things are not as they used to be, 90% of my old code that was perfectly working will fail completly with 1000 errors if recompiled with newest version of Arduino IDE…

Btw. I got something going from the support:

It wouldn’t kill the pack but what bms are you using? If your bms is rated 60amps or more it will be fine.

1 Like

Is this a good BMS for charge only?

1 Like

Ofcourse man that is the standard bms to use for charge only. It’s what I have and will use for most of my builds.

2 Likes

tbh I have no idea since the pack is prebuilt by ownboard and the BMS is heat shrunk inside :sweat_smile:

But let’s say the BMS is more than 60A, what would happen to the cells if we constantly push it over 20A limit?

1 Like

What are some common causes of dropouts when riding? I keep getting momentary cutouts where it seems the board jerks back for only a split second before resuming. It really is a problem when i try accelerating. Im using two focbox 1.7 with can and a gt2b remote. Didnt happen before… just started tonight. Here is some metr info… first cut out at 8 pm

30q are fine at 20amp discharge. If the bms is wired for discharge then you will need to get the specs on it before playing with battery amps or it could go poof on you and then you’re analog. If its wired for charge only no drama. Chuck ownboard a mail or see if the website has some specs on the bms.

Actually I think ownboard may be here somewhere @BillGordon
Was it ownboard that I chased away by being a manchild?

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

Not sure, but my first guess would be the BMS’s undervoltage protection. Maybe there is a weak p-group.

@pjotr47 is doing something similar I think
I like the idea very much but I hope there are benefits in cooling.

Also, how much would this impact wh/km usage?

upgrading from single drive to double will give you twice the thrust, or 1/4th the heating per vesc for the same acceleration

1 Like

Yeah I had printed one.

3 Likes

Did you feel any difference? i is it more of a psycological difference :stuck_out_tongue:
Does it make any noise with the air?

2 Likes

Wait until you hear the funny part of it…
I was riding in the forest and out off nothing I lost it :cry:. So I need to print 2 new ones. I have 2 metr pro modules laying so I will compare when I have time.

Now it is cold in Belgium so almost no overheating.

4 Likes

So, I’ve got a fsesc 4.12, I have another one coming in soon. My question is, if I connect them over CAN. Is it possible to use a Bluetooth module on one to collect data and stuff, and connect a VX1 Remote to the other via COMM (UART)?

1 Like

That should be fine and even if it didn’t work you can always use the PPM/PWM as you only lose the reverse function in the VX1 on UART

1 Like