Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

cough cough loopkey cough cough

1 Like

Yeah I know about loopkeys lol, the plan is an AS150 as the main disconnect for everything and a button on the other side for the main drive and for the aux systems

Gonna leave it with the power connected but the switch off because I use it between class, so like 10 time a day each day and the loop key is a bitch

I’d get a push to start if it wasn’t $60…never should’ve gotten rid of my Unity

This thread is sacrosanct in my eyes for shenanigans. Any and all irreverent, irrelevant and off topic stuff will be goneski. It is most definitely not a shitter and will be respected.

3 Likes

It’s the only thread I wasn’t going to put a Serious tag on though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is the single most important thread on the forum and will be protected from noise.

I am a guard tiger. grrrrr

4 Likes

I have seen mention of the discharge rate of the 30q cell is 15A but pushable to 20A but I would like to know if that’s BMS limited?

I got the 10s3p 30q pack from Ownboard and it has a BMS built in, they says that has a 15A discharge rate, but what will happen if I set in the VESC for it to go higher than 45A since theoretically it can do 60A :thinking:

15amps is a really low discharge rate for a bms on a esk8. I would consider that dangerous since it’s easy to pull well over 15amps from your battery and the bms will kill power if you exceed that. That could cause you to eat pavement. Are you sure that is correct?

1 Like

@b264 @MysticalDork @PixelatedPolyeurthan
Would you guys allow me to make a thread out of your conversation? Pretty useful info that deserves its own thread :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t mind

perfect! I was going to ask you!
I modified my first post in the thread to make it more relevant :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I know not really the right forum but I tried Adafruit forum and got no response.
Basically I got INA260 and it fails to compile the included example code from the library.
I did all correctly but it doesn’t work, the library must be corrupted or something.
The code:

#include <Adafruit_INA260.h>

Adafruit_INA260 ina260 = Adafruit_INA260();

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
  // Wait until serial port is opened
  while (!Serial) { delay(10); }

Serial.println("Adafruit INA260 Test");

if (!ina260.begin()) {
    Serial.println("Couldn't find INA260 chip");
    while (1);
  }
  Serial.println("Found INA260 chip");
}

void loop() {
  Serial.print("Current: ");
  Serial.print(ina260.readCurrent());
  Serial.println(" mA");

Serial.print("Bus Voltage: ");
  Serial.print(ina260.readBusVoltage());
  Serial.println(" mV");

Serial.print("Power: ");
  Serial.print(ina260.readPower());
  Serial.println(" mW");

Serial.println();
  delay(1000);
}

The error message:

In file included from C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_INA260-master\examples\ina260_test\ina260_test.ino:1:0:

C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_INA260-master/Adafruit_INA260.h:22:10: fatal error: Adafruit_I2CDevice.h: No such file or directory

#include <Adafruit_I2CDevice.h>

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Błąd kompilacji dla płytki Arduino Nano Every.

Do you think that it does something? (prototype)
For Torqueboard motors
(black/Green is the Motor)

The cross is positioned against the motor so the flat side is outside.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How to deal with stolen packages?

It probably pulls hot air from the stator area

Well if that cools it down a bit then i’m fine. Both ways would achieve something.

You are missing something, could be the I2CDevice library maybe?

1 Like

The library should contain this part or the official guide say that you need other libraries as well but it doesn’t.
I think U2CDevice is in “busio” library by Adafruit as well, so I installed it, still doesn’t work, now it’s even worse:

In file included from C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_BusIO_Register.h:2:0,

from C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_I2CRegister.h:1,

from C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_INA260-master/Adafruit_INA260.h:23,

from C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_INA260-master\examples\ina260_test\ina260_test.ino:1:

C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_SPIDevice.h:11:3: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef enum _BitOrder BitOrder'

} BitOrder;

^~~~~~~~

In file included from C:\Users\Arek\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.5\cores\arduino/api/ArduinoAPI.h:52:0,

from C:\Users\Arek\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.5\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:23,

from sketch\ina260_test.ino.cpp:1:

C:\Users\Arek\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\arduino\hardware\megaavr\1.8.5\cores\arduino/api/Common.h:27:3: note: previous declaration as 'typedef enum BitOrder BitOrder'

} BitOrder;

^~~~~~~~

In file included from C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_BusIO_Register.h:2:0,

from C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_I2CRegister.h:1,

from C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_INA260-master/Adafruit_INA260.h:23,

from C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_INA260-master\examples\ina260_test\ina260_test.ino:1:

C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_SPIDevice.h:33:27: error: could not convert 'SPI_BITORDER_MSBFIRST' from '_BitOrder' to 'BitOrder'

BitOrder dataOrder=SPI_BITORDER_MSBFIRST,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\Users\Arek\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_BusIO/Adafruit_SPIDevice.h:39:27: error: could not convert 'SPI_BITORDER_MSBFIRST' from '_BitOrder' to 'BitOrder'

BitOrder dataOrder=SPI_BITORDER_MSBFIRST,

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano Every.

Also I got response from Adafruit:

Seriously what the F*** it literally says what board in the content of the error ffs…

Ohh damn what an error. I don’t really know how to deal with that one.

Got one idea though. Try downloading the library to the same folder as your project and include it using " <-- those things.

Yeah I know complete voodoo I haven’t even tried to analyse this one, too much for me.

Dude what…

I tried including INA260 library right into the project folder and it didn’t help at all.
I also tried to run arduino as administrator and also checked if I have all the rights to those files, nothing…

I might have not been clear with my previous post, what I meant was since 30Q cells are rate at a 15A discharge and I rmb seeing it from multiple ppl in the forum that says that 30Q cells can do continuous 20A of discharge.

So my question is that in the VESC tool app, I’ve set it to 45A on battery max since my 10s3p battery pack should be able to push 15A x 3 = 45A :thinking:

So if I were to up the amps in VESC tool to 60A (20A x 3) as per some ppl’s statement of the 30Q cells being able to push 20A, I am curious if I will kill the pack or the BMS would’ve kept the cells discharging at 15A only?

Hope it isn’t too confusing :sweat_smile: