Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Amazon 25ft - 1 inch Flexo PET Expandable Braided Sleeving - BlackBlue - Alex Tech Braided Cable Sleeve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074LQB3D1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_KcQNUdZd8wAzs

Or go to mod one https://mod-one.com/

I have gotten all my cable sleeves from mod one for my custom pc build.

2 Likes

I got a big (200ft?) roll of the expandable PET sleeve material online at a deep discount. I’ll probably never use all of it. I’d be willing to sell you some at cost if you are interested.

1 Like

Honestly I’ll probably just get it on Amazon. There’s no shipping cost and it’s one day shipping. But thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you!

PWM freq will just change the freq FOC is run at. Don’t reccomend touching it. Turning it up can reduce noise but decrease efficiency, but it really depends on the setup.

The second rpm transition is at what rpm the motor driver switches to ignoring hall sensors and relying on motor measurements only for estimation. If you have some weird low speed cogging around that transition playing with that value can sometimes help.

The last value is for setups without hall sensors, basically it will tune the rpm at which the controller tries to measure the rotor position. Playing with the value can sometimes reduce cogging and improve off the line performance in sensor less setups.

Generally reccomend to leave them as is unless you are seeing a specific weird behaviour.

3 Likes

Can someone please tell me the size of the bullet connectors on a FOCBOX Unity phase wires?

3.5mm female. There is a lovely hack where you can slide a 3.5mm male in to the butt end of a 5mm female bullet.

All innuendos intended and nailed.

8 Likes

Thanks brah, I’ve got 4mm and 5mm bullets, I guess I’ll chop off the 3.5’s and solder on 4mm!

1 Like

I might have a few 3.5mm laying around I can send you if you’d prefer.

1 Like

Thanks but all my other equipment is running 4mm and I’m a very good solderer, I appreciate the offer but I think I’ll swap them out and be done with it eliminating all the randomness of keeping too many various sized spares!

1 Like

I appreciate your ability to do that. This beers for you.

1 Like

Gluuug Gluuug… thanks!!

my Maytech 6 came with 5mm, so I ordered 5, and then I looked at the skinny ass phase wires, the size of the 5mm connectors, my small enclosures and said FUCKING WHY, I chopped those big fuckers off and put 4mm on those as well!

Cheers!

1 Like

I finally got to the point where I put 4mm on everything I know I want to keep, and only use adapters when I’m in gear trial mode.

1 Like

VX1 just won’t reverse, I’ve tried everything, send help please :sob:

1 Like

@b264 yep it’s definitely snap crackle popping.

huh, in the video you can see a spark. Thinkin’ this is a goner.

2 Likes

Are you running ppm or uart?

UART enabled at 9600 bps (11250 makes the motors shit themselves), tried re-pairing, re uploading the VESC firmware, running the receiver as PWM then switching back

I used to have this running a while ago, then the receiver died and this new one isn’t playing nice

1 Like

Did you change any settings in the uart app?

I made sure its enabled and whatnot

1 Like

I never had had to do anything in uart just plug it in.