Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

@sesat

l

1 Like

Use backslash as an escape character. So anything not showing up, put a backslash before it.

For more information, research “markdown” on the internets

1 Like

Did he not build the battery himself?

Found this cell at home claims to be 9.9ah

What do you think it actually is

1 Like

Do motor mounts rotate loose on acceleration or breaking? Got some boardnamics forward mounted and the right one wants to kiss the earth

What do?

20000000000000000mah

probably a shitter 1500mah or something, we cant tell

2 Likes

Measure the cell. Do keep a fire extinguisher near.

How would I measure

I bought that cell for a power bank ages ago and the cells were really cheap

Like £1 each so even at 1500mah if they have a half decent discharge rate it would be cool experimenting with them

Its not going to be higher than 5-10a cont, 10a+ burst. Cellphone chargers dont need performance :man_shrugging:

Could be a good flashlight battery

1 Like

Even 5a continuous a 10s7p would cost £70 in cells

With a 10.5ah capacity and 35a - 70a discharge could be nice for a small hub build

1 Like

Locktite --> fixed mounts --> jbweld --> real weld

1 Like

Looks like youre advocating loctite over fixed mounts, but I know what you mean

Unless you are? :thinking:

Probably gonna make some custom fixed mounts soon, my University has a water jet cutter that should do 0.25" when it’s calibrated

1 Like

I was thinking of it as a continuation of increasingly drastic measures, rather than this (greater than) that.

1 Like

Yeah I figured, but you got my curiosity so I had to follow through :man_shrugging:

I have used these in 3 builds so far even in a 13S

]DC-DC 7-60V To 5V 5A 4USB Output Buck Converter Step Down Power Supply Module Module Board For Arduino from Electronics on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/3Dx1NvyJb1
I am running 160 pixels and esp32 with gps and break out a usb to side of the enclosure to charge phone slash remote. Take it out of enclosure and shrinktube to save space.
Also use sp110E in some of my build its the best ready made one.

Use a cell capacity tester.

1 Like

Are there any pros or cons for setting up a board like this?

Will the RKP behave the same as channel trucks if you set them to 0 degrees? Is it better to tune them like a normal longboard (44 or 50) if there is little flex in the board?

1 Like

Where do you guys get the cable sleeves for the motor wires?

1 Like